or Connect

Posts by fareau

Quote: Originally Posted by maomao1980 I saw Transformers yesterday and the only thing I remembered is the Trailer of the J.J. Abrams movie that is coming out on 1-18-2008. Yeah, this looks great. It kills me that they tease us with this stuff months before it will hit the screens. It does look like a new Godzilla movie. But the idea of presenting the story as if shot on cell phone cameras and small video recorders is very...
Quote: Originally Posted by TCN I have always thought of 3-buttons as "classic", with 2-buttons as being more an invention of the past 40 years. That said, I own and wear both, with a slight preference for 2-button odd jackets, and 3-button suits (provided the twist isn't too high, or the suit isn't a real boxy sack suit). With regard to 1-button suits, Huntsman does an absolutely stunning one. I thought the same thing: that three...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I see, you all like doing the Squeeze. Why, do you prefer the Watusi or the Shimmy? Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing no doubt you will want the orifice perpetually constricted which as far as skin goes, stretch marks appear in the oddest places. Do tell?
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini No, just heavily engrossed in coprophagic contests.
This is a contentious topic between dermatologists and endocrinologists. I would be curious to read the original article, if it has been published, since I have read quite a few articles that would contradict their findings. With the recent revision of the normal reference range of vitamin D, the number of people who are diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency has blossomed into almost epidemic numbers. It's really impressive. Vitamin D is a very interesting hormone...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini I thought to myself, "Ooo..homework." Are you a scatologist?
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter In Bulgaria they used to have "dancing bears" on the street - they weren't grizzlies, but they were sure big enough, at least 6 feet tall standing, maybe 400 pounds plus. gypsies would have them on a leash, with a pierced cheek to control them. they would dance, and, for a few cents, you could get a hug from one, or "wrestle" one. Sorry, I am hijacking this thread with every post....this will be the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel A good friend of mine once whacked one on the arse with a wine bottle for the merry hell of it! That is priceless!! I remember hearing that old country fairs and carnivals would occasionally host an event that involved volunteers from the audience climbing into the ring to wrestle a bear for a few rounds. YouTube is slowly turning into a repository for all things Americana, so I plugged in bear...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I contain multitudes. A good purgative should fix that up
One time, while living in Lebanon, New Hampshire some years ago, I was sitting outside my girlfriend's house. It was later in the evening and her back yard was continuous with a spacious forest. I remember hearing a lumbering sound coming from the woods that night, and it was accompanied by an occasional deep pitched growl. Although it was dark, I could discern a large black shadow coming directly toward me (or rather the garbage cans that were not too far behind me). ...