or Connect

Posts by fareau

I lived across the street from the rear entrance of the Guinness brewery for a number of years. Everytime I stepped out the front door of my apartment complex, there was that strong burnt yeast-like smell greeting you in the morning (well, that and whatever was floating in the Liffey at the time). It made it a little less palatable to order Guinness in the pubs, but somehow we overcame and managed to consume copious quantities of the stuff. An absolutely fantastic...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Not even. What about the Carlos Castaneda-style insanity pepper trip Homer takes? Ah yes... "The merciless peppers of Quetzlzacatenango! Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum." ....... (I think I'm getting carried away with these bloody smilies.....)
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Experiencing Disneyland stoned is a right of passage of sorts for kids who grow up in Southern California. Or so I've heard. Reminds me of that great Simpsons episode when Lisa drinks the water while riding through the "It's a small world"-type ride. I imagine that is the closest approximation to a hallucinogenic experience in the history of prime time television.
Do any of the Chinese dialects have a word for piracy, and if so, how does it translate into English? It seems that, culturally, the Chinese seem to conceptualize and address intellectual piracy in a way that is significantly different than Western thinking and practice. I can't seem to open a newspaper, magazine, or watch a news television program without hearing about how flagrantly and unapologetically things similar to what is described in the above link occur in China.
I would think that closing the quarters a touch would make the high rise pants a little less dramatic. And I still look at the suit and think that the button stance should be a shade lower. I think that would improve the balance, but I might be using that term in error.
Would lowering the button stance a fraction and closing the quarters a little improve the overall effect? It might improve what seems to be an endlessly high rise on the pants. I like the color of the suit, but I prefer that shade of gray with brown shoes; I find the contrast with black to be a little bit too stark for my taste. But that is a little tangential to the topic....
Wow, there are quite a few people on this forum with experience with tonsil stones. Does anyone know the prevalence of tonsil stones? From what I am reading here, it would appear to be higher than I had previously imagined...
You might also consider the possibility of a Zenker diverticulum or an esophageal diverticulum, although these are uncommon
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I think he means objective consciousness. Well then, I think therefore I - Descartes