or Connect

Posts by fareau

Quote: Originally Posted by whodini As do fingerprints and DNA, I'm told.
Famke Janssen has a deep and brooding beauty. Nothing against Jessica Alba, but she does not exude the same sultry appeal that Janssen does. Then again, my wife looks like Famke Janssen, so I am clearly biased.
I never knew Baio was such a Lothario. It is funny because he will forever be etched in my gray matter as Chachi from Happy Days.
Quote: Originally Posted by Baron I learned long ago that Baio is one of the supreme cocksmen in Hollywood history. Living in LA and knowing a lot of people in the business, I've heard some pretty outrageous stories about him. I almost hate to ask. Almost.
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Angelina Jolie is not Grendel's mate, she's his mom! I think she does appear in person, not just a voice, as she has sex with Beowulf in the movie. Grendel was indeed a man-eating monster in the epic, but then Hollywood's gotta side with the underdog, especially if he's opposed by North European white males. Mea culpa, I should have said Grendel's mother. I imagine that this was required reading for you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Edward Appleby Did anyone see Beowulf and Grendel? It came out like a year or two ago. Gerard Butler did a very respectable Beowulf, I thought. It had a very naturalistic vibe which was wonderful. I watched it a few months ago. I agree that it had a "naturalistic vibe" that placed all of the characters and events on a very human scale, which I guess made it more believable. It was a fun movie, largely because it...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS How, about, the constant, use of commas, are we, tired, of them? Because, I know, I am. Jon. Manton's use of commas was correct. I don't think he intended his posting to be derivative of Valclava's punctuated style of "prose", or perhaps you were simply making a non sequitur? At any rate, there is a funny(-ish) Newsweek article pertaining to the decreasing use of the comma in today's writing. edit- I...
Perfect Day by Hoku. I can think of plenty of others....
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Wow! No chance he tapped all 10 of the above, and there's a chance he boffed none of them. You don't think each relationship was consummated? In Hollywood, I would think that would be a requisite before being able to refer to them as former girlfriends. The whole activity of contacting all/many of his ex-liasons reminds me in some way of the plot from High Fidelity. And somewhat tangentially, what a...
Well, someone has decided to resurrect the corpse of another Hollywood career long thought dead and burried. Scott Baio has hit middle age and is presumably much chagrined by the fact that he has never been bitten by the nuptial bug. He has employed a lifestyle coach to help him somehow cope with this, and apparently it entails Scott revisiting many of his prior girlfriends. I think this is intended to be some sort of quasi-exorcism of various past demons that have both...