or Connect

Posts by fareau

It is interesting hearing some of the differing perspectives on this film. To me, the previous Burton/Schumacher interpretations smacked of mockery, like someone who never opened a DC comic reading the original scripts and deciding that the story of a masked crime-fighter was so fanciful and silly, it should be instilled with a camp and carnival atmosphere to ensure that nobody would doubt the tongue-in-cheek intention of the director. As a former pre-teen comic reader,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakewolf done ! Thank you!
Quote: Originally Posted by lakewolf me too... I found that this forum is an excellent source of information, but is also a way to feed up your crave for more and more clothing... Once you had filled not one, but two closets... your crave for clothing fades up, I am more into sports right now ( football (soccer) and tennis, that is playing them not only watching or reading about ) and as allways dancing ( girls, girls, girls ).... But I find...
I am curious how this will be applied since the consultants (equivalent to American attendings) typically prefer to wear suits, or coats and ties. I can't quite picture many of them embracing a short sleeve shirt without a tie. But if they limit the rule to the house officers and registrars, what good is it since the consultant will be examing patients on the ward round? Are there any UK doctors on the forum who know how the NHS is proposing to apply this new rule?
I remember a few months ago seeing that Youtube video in the OP. There is no doubt that his technique is impressive. Sometimes I find compositions that are entirely tapped lack something, I'm not sure what. That being said, here is a beautiful one by Eric Mongrain; it is wonderfully percussive and the harmonics are fantastic. It seems to evoke thoughts of autumn in me (I don't know why). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k
Poitín......the real stuff, before it was legalized!!
---
This sounds very odd. His initial reading of your essay left him with a favorable impression; it was only after he read it a second time that he was disappointed. That would suggest that the essay was actually not so terribly bad, at least not to the extent that he should have such a dramatic change of heart. I am a little bit puzzled: presumably you were a strong enough student such that he felt comfortable giving you an A- (which is still an excellent grade), you...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta i had a girlfriend who did not know her right from her left. no joke. is that ignorance or stupidity? Interestingly, left-right disorientation can be a consequence of brain injury; I can't think of the formal name for it. Look up Gerstmann's syndrome if you are interested.....
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe To read and write should be almost universal mainly because in the modern world that is a basic skill, and even then not knowing ti would not imply the person is stupid there probably a decent numbber of poor africans that are intelligent but cannot do either. In the western world I would say that everyone should be able to read and write.(by the way how can the exact same sound s produce 2 different words right and...