or Connect

Posts by fareau

Does anyone here know much about contract law? I have been offered a contract for employment at an academic institution, and some of the terms of the contract are vague. I asked that the institution issue a slightly rewritten contract with some points of clarification, but was told that this was not a good idea since it would take a long time and would involve approval by multiple layers (legal, administrative, etc) within the institution. In effect, I was told that...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakewolf If it is worse than in America I'd chop my own Better start sharpening the old meat-cleaver, sport....or perhaps a butter knife would suffice.......
Words can be very damaging, particularly to a child in her formative years. Add in the fact that her parents have split, and that she has to cope with all of this within the dysfunctional confines of Hollywood culture, and it becomes an increasingly sad situation. It is none of my business, but he is clearly wrong to speak to her like that, particularly if all she did was miss a phone call. He really needs help....
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I've always had more than a passing interest in unusually ribald things. Can't quite call it a come-hither look. Mind you, it looks like someone has attempted to cut her throat....of course I just watched Grindhouse so I am seeing the macabre in everything.
Saw Grindhouse today. Planet Terror was sort of fun, particularly the female character (who contrives all manner of prostheses) and her beau (who proves to be more formidable than expected). It was a fairly well done throw-back to the 70's horror film genre. I didn't care too much for Death Proof.....Someone else mentioned that the dialogue in Tarantino's script seemed almost like self-parody. I agree. Ever since Jackie Brown, everything he does seems so formulaic.
The Zegna couture oxfords are great!!
Very interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing two guys for every girl i wanna see you boys get down with each other i wanna see you do your lil nasty brother just one thing i can't compromise i wanna see you work it guy on guy slappin your dicks all over the place rubbin that shit all up in your face Hmmmm.........Since this is quite a departure from you usual postings, I have to imagine it is a real "song". Out of interest, who penned...
My impression is that having an impressive academic pedigree in this day and age doesn't open doors for you by itself; what it does do is widen the opening that is already there. What opens the door is achievement (above and beyond the collegiate admission process). If your CV indicates high grades, good test scores, involvement in various groups and activities (curricular and extracurricular), many people will want to take a look at you, whether for grad school or...
If cost is much of an issue, one alternative might be to use a self-packing mover. The company leaves the trailer at your home, you fill it with your belongings, they pick up the trailer and haul it to your destination. They leave the trailer at your new place and you then unload everything yourself; when you are done, they return to collect the trailer. I used a self-packing company and saved a small fortune on my last move. You are charged based upon how much room...