or Connect

Posts by insp86

What are the Goughs being referenced? Different from the selvage I'm looking at above? Thanks again! And if anyone has any advice for helping me get the price of those Gap jeans down, I'd appreciate it! Quote: Originally Posted by whacked ^ I too own a pair of Gap Gough. There's an evo pic of them in the "Post Pic of Your Denim" thread actually. Anyway, - I like the Goughs a lot, and as far as denim quality is concerned, they rank up there...
Awesome reply! I think you and I have similar philosophies, you just have more experience. I'll buy the APC's but at all in about $200 (including tax/hemming) I expect them to be twice as enjoyable as the $100 Gap alternative. If I could get that pair for $44 with discounts (care to PM me? ), it'd be a no-brainer I think. Thanks again. I really do appreciate the help. Quote: Originally Posted by Mazda Since I own Gap Gough, the Gap jeans...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2sweet Gap's attempts to elevate itself from mundane mall brands will never work if they continue to use 50 year old obese American men as their standard for fit. Now that is a helpful comment.
Acne is coming up on Gilt I believe... I could go that high if I was sure I'd love what I was going to get. And yea, I'd like selvage but it isn't necessarily a requirement. Quote: Originally Posted by djs488 I would recommend the acne mic for you. It's a slim straight leg jean with a medium-low rise. It comes in a raw wash, but not selvage. EDIT: realized you're looking for something cheaper. You might be able to find it with discounts or...
I don't mind raising my budget if I can get something I know I'll love. I was close to walking out of Barney's with the APC's on reputation alone, but thought (and I think I was right) better of it. With what I'm trying to do, do you have another suggestion? Thanks man, I appreciate the help. Quote: Originally Posted by reprehensible I suggest raising your budget, waiting until you can find better jeans on sale, or just sticking with cheaper jeans. ...
Thanks... that is helpful. But could you give me some more specific advice? I'm looking for a skinnier/straighter selvage which isn't ball-busting price-wise or balls-wise. I like low rise jeans, but don't want anything too extreme. Thanks a ton!
I think "elevated" is there best line of denim? Sounded oxy-moronic to me as well, but I get the feeling the fit is a little baggier than a true skinny jean, which might be good for me and my slightly fat ass (for the record, I'm not that out of shape, I'm just a little annoyed with myself at the moment). Quote: Originally Posted by PinkPantser What is 'elevated low rise'?
Crossposted (sorry if that's bad etiqutte) with the Should I buy thread... Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans. I really want to try the selvage jeans thing, but I have to concerns. One, I tried on a pair of APC NS's and I'm not sure I can deal with how tight they fit. I'm out of shape, but improving, and the "right" size (a 33) seemed a little much for my liking. Right now I wear Sevens Slouchy (I know I know) and Paper Denim & Cloth Boot...
Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=624548002 I really want to try the selvage jeans thing, but I have to concerns. One, I tried on a pair of APC NS's and I'm not sure I can deal with how tight they fit. I'm out of shape, but improving, and the "right" size (a 33) seemed a little much for my liking. Right now I wear Sevens Slouchy (I know I know) and Paper Denim & Cloth Boot Cut for day-to-day and...
Same here, help an ultra-noob buy his first pair of Japanese selvage!