or Connect

Posts by insp86

Update: After asking around this morning, I've learned that "business casual" at my firm means slacks without a tie, but that most attorneys/summers have a suit in the office in case they need to court or have an important meeting. Thanks again for the advice. Do I need to specify a budget? That's part of the issue, I can spend a decent amount, but I'd prefer to put most of my (admittedly ridiculous) salary into loans/tuition. Thanks again.
Also, any thoughts on the BrooksCool line at BB? Seems like it might be a smart move for a hot summer job.
Hey- I hope all is well. For a point of references, I started this thread last July looking for an interviewing suit as a 0L: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=39469 Well, I ended up wearing a navy HS&M suit, a light blue Geoffrey Beene french shirt, pewter-ish cufflinks borrowed form my dad, a striped blue BCBG (cheapo Macy's line) tie, and Kenneth Cole outlet shoes for about four interviews. Total cost was probably about $500. The result? A full market...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 For this kind of price, you are going to be getting a fused suit, meaning the fabric is glued to the interlining, rather than canvased. Where do you live? I'd probably go check out the local high-end outlet, if you have one. Brooks Brothers might have something for you, as might Joseph Abboud and Burberry. I live near Minneapolis/ St. Paul.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 For this kind of price, you are going to be getting a fused suit, meaning the fabric is glued to the interlining, rather than canvased. Where do you live? I'd probably go check out the local high-end outlet, if you have one. Brooks Brothers might have something for you, as might Joseph Abboud and Burberry. I was told that the Palm Beach suit was not fused at all, was the saleswoman mistaken?
Quote: Originally Posted by ibleedwhite whats the total budget? Flexible, but say $500. More if you can talk me into it.
Hello- I just stumbled on this forum but it looks like quite the resource! I just graduated college and am starting law school in the fall. I will need to purchase at least one new suit in the next few weeks. As I'm a student, I don't have nearly the resources of most of the people on this forum (no $600 shoes, thats for damn sure!), but I'd like to make this purchase correctly. I am from a pretty small town so I don't have a ton of places to look but I have found...