Posts by Fuuma

That's because they make the stitching go from the category of physical presence to the one of mythical aspect.
Guys I think I have a 10-12 yrs old scarf by H&M, its a fucking scarf! I still give my mother Hermès stuff from time to time and wear Charvet scarves or whatever, but the value proposition is basically "Hey we have pretty good construction and material but we'll fuck you over for it cause we're a status symbol!" No woman is dumb enough to buy a 15K bag cause of stitching or whatever, some though will do it to feel like Queen Grace.
Yes? And art has no place by its very nature (in modern western tradition).
That's not a beeper salesman that's a bouncer. I barely looked at the show but they basically had clichés of social types. Very boring shit...
Patek Philippe watches are nearly free if you calculate that after the initial douchebag purchaser shuffle off his mortal coil his douchebag son can keep wearing the watch and so on and so on until the Patek is destroyed in our galaxy programmed interstellar doom or we get replaced by sentient octopi (who might be even more into watches than us considering they have 8 tentacles).
Keep in mind I'm talking about people who may work for/know people who work for Hermès (to use your example) so the point is moot. These brands do private sales/you get some pieces from friends/etc. BTW many vintage stores in Paris carry Hermès, LV and Chanel, to give an example. This is a really different than the one most forum members are in, I was merely relaying the mindset about acceptable pricing.ps: Dior goes on sale and I'm pretty sure the LV runway collection...
I was having a discussion about acceptable prices with people I know (who work in fashion) and basically even seasonal sales are considered to be for suckers now. Acceptable choices are to get it second-hand (or you buy vintage), you trade with your friends, you go to a brand private sale or you get it gifted to you by the brand/whatever. Anything else is for people who don't understand the value of garments (low). Not saying we can generalize to the average consumer but...
Not the first time I have one and post a pic here but I don't think anyone followed last time. Many of my friends do sport unironic moustaches from time to time.
I stole Kim Jones' apple system remote (by accident) but I can pretend it was for revenge...
Loden greenCollar can be buttoned turned upremovable lining80% virgin wool/20% cashmereraglan sleevesVery easy to wear.