Posts by Fuuma

Nice scarf, really like it. You're really old aren't you, can you change your forum name to streetweardad or something?
Oh and dudes walking around with a bag obsession look GQretarded* unless they're our own pink dolphin master. *I have 2 bags today, winning the prize for most stupid looking sf-member
Dude, they're jeans, here is what you do You have space on some shelf so you fold them You don't have shelf space so you put them on some fucking hanger, anything will do unless you really are too stupid to use a hanger, in which case please ingest said hanger If someone needs more easy life advice just ask me.
The problem being that I am not conducting a study but sharing an impression, I can't really recruit new friends to get a more accurate selection. I wouldn't say age is much of a factor because some of the people in question are quite young but yeah, they're not your average consumer.
This post is pretty amusing because there was supposed to be a n.5 in the list but I got a phone-call and forgot to add it. Some objects from the past do retroactively become art in the modern sense when put in our museums, this is usually true of sculptures and paintings, even something that had a pretty specific social function such as the Winged Victory of Samothrace. Clearly not true of those lances of fire-extinguishers (well we'll see in 500 years).One thing to...
The usual claim being made is that art is autonomous, that a truly singular work of (modern*) art only purpose would be to serve itself. Think of Adorno's "social monads". I'll easily grant you that this being both an illusion AND a necessity is part of that definition (Hegel, contradictions, dialectics blablabla). You’ll note that modern artworks often explicitly refer to and even challenge the claim to autonomy of Art. These things are always contested spaces and even...
It is banal and basically generally admitted, c'mon.
Let's start with the assumption that if any of these two facgtors are present I am smart enough to have accounted for them...
Contemporary and modern art is not interlinked with the rituals of spiritual life or whatever so it stands outside any concept of use-value. With art there is no pretext, it has no precise social-use, it is merely something to be made and sold with a pure symbolic value attached to its pricing.Interestingly enough if you destroy a culture enough their "primitive" art appears as such (no one is left to know its meaning). Alain Resnais and Chris Marker made a pretty good...
RJ is a real-life (tm) friend and we do exchange gifts from time to time (some of them having been Hermès-we call it Herpès-). Knowing some of the principals of the time makes il_colonnello's comment's even more hilarious; value was argued incessantly and I'm not much of a good value-shopper myself. This isn't what it is all about. For the record I serve oysters on some Ravinet d'Enfert silver plates (they use to make silver for Hermès) to my guests so it's not like I'm...