or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

It is true that the ravages of policies such as the broken window theory (turning a correlation into a causal relationship) end up criminalizing poverty in the contemporary urban ghetto, resulting in constant police attention and various types of arrests. I gave the stats "as is" but if you want to read something more in depth I suggest getting this...
A few remarks regarding the "genetics" conversation: -The pattern of alleged adults, jumping to definite conclusions using specious reasoning and badly digested, hand-picked research they haven’t read, gleefully saying that “this wouldn’t be well received in some milieus, know what I mean, wink wink”, smugly affirming some sort of rebellious outsider perspective and dropping hints of victimhood (same people who don’t understand why they can’t say nigga and really need to...
Some stats about police killings: https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/police-killing-of-blacks/
Their (these others) violence is less technologically advanced (in general) which might give that impression, we're the masters of death and destruction and after two WW and lots of droppings of tons of liberty on countries I think we deserve the title. The way we've managed to reduce man to an object of technical domination (i.e. process the killing of people like on a factory floor) might be even more horrible than the "barbarism" we highlight in these ME cultures.
French genetic superiority prevailed, fuck you all, 2-0!!! woohoo
Isn't being outside the main problem? It seems to put cops in danger and all, hence the completely expected shootings.
You're thinking like an old person here (depth of knowledge, primacy of the lived-experience, familiarity through reading and more conceptually rich mediums). In a web-centric visual culture you can consume images very quickly and harness them in any way you want to, not caring all that much about their insertion in a wider context. You're consuming very vaguely defined signs and playing with them, something that we sometimes "accuse" the Japanese of doing due to a lack of...
The Thrasher thing is already old, I wa surprised that so many people supposedly "in the know" kept at it. With that said skateboarding and fashion is an on/off thing that has been going on for a long time. I don't feel a special kind of affinity for suburban american teenagers and I don't want to fuck the Russian version like Gosha so, yawn.http://www.vogue.com/tag/misc/skateboarding/
This is indeed the central problem with representative democracies, as pointed out by countless thinkers. It is a reasonable point, wtf are you on about?note: I'm talking about the bolded part in your quote: "reducing democracy to voting" .