Posts by Fuuma

Without my girlfriend: red less fruity (whatever) and chardonnay very oak. With my gf fruity, light everything (only natural wine or crisis).
You ran out?
What would be your american whine recs, whenever I go to america I try to drink local wines and am always amazed at the quality they have, sadly classified using almost meaningless taxonomies (you don't have terroir) like pinot noir (not my fav but hey) and cabernet sauvignon (cab!). I shiton SF as a semi-jke but Cali wine is very good overall.Funny anecdote about asia: I've been offered free meals several times at luxury hotels (brunch) cause I think they were overjoyed...
Yeah well I tend to disagree with tripadvisor for large cities outside the mainstream of America but still filled with tourists (say Marrakesh) but, for example, I can see why Daniel is #1 in NYC. In Paris I recently tried searching for neighborhoods and nothing makes sense, they don't know shit (just like with smaller cities). I'd say ask me specific questions before trusting google and normally I'd leave it to the multitude. TBH most people on the high end have never had...
That was my understand: significant for the core target (say a mid-sized online shop selling cool menswear) but much smaller for Istanbul museum recs. BTW when I check tripadvisor or whatever I don'tknow half the places and nothing makes sense, I've never seen a decent guide to Paris restaurants or second-hand shops online so there is literally no good info. If you wanted good macarons or ice cream though you'd be fine (especially if you speak a little french). Quite...
I like Ruinart blanc de blanc and Jacquesson everything. Aged champagne leave me cold tbh, it is not the product for it and more of a weird trend.Food stuff I like: trad bistrot where presidents Mitterrand and Chirac dined (old bourgeois dining), trad Italian, oysters, natural wines. I'm not the best to tell you about cool, contemporary culinary places because I don't enjoy it very much. I can make a list on request though, same for vegan or whatever (there's a good place...
@LA Guy this is your area of expertise so I'll plain ask: is posting something in this thread sending a lot of people to some of these places or would you say the effect is marginal (taking into account sharing or whatever)? I know it is a popular forum but it is very anglocentric and I could post my Marrakesh or Bangkok recs or whatever without problemsI think,Paris is in-between I guess. I'm all for sharing btw, as you can see.
I don't like Macarons but Pierre Hermé I can't stand, still I'd recommand it to others. I think Sadaharu Aoki might be even more to everyone's taste. The mochi place I listed is ace and has some weird 90s luxury japanese look that is puzzling so good experience. Tea is also excellent.If someone wants nice pizza or best ramen or whatever I can add.
Some recs I recently sent some people, I put Marais places in bold. Coffee: -Fondation for a small, nice american style place (they're aussie but who cares). http://www.goodcoffeeinparis.com/2014/02/fondation-cafe.html -Neaby you have the broken arm (coffee place of the shop of the same name, more on that later) http://www.goodcoffeeinparis.com/2014/03/the-broken-arm.html -caféothèque (the most choice...
I have Massaro. I own several pairs of black zips.Side zips I own (going by memory):Massaro black suedeVintage black cuban heelMargiela black captoeMargiela white perfSutor Mantellassi cognacH*MMM black (beaters for rainy winters, they're about to die, ok for $50 but get MMM instead)Some brown knockoffs I got in OuagadougouCCP greyI don't really feel like adding more boots to my rotation as I also own several chelseas, laceups and even jodphurs.