or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

I got this one second-hand (apparently unworn) from the site that shall remain nameless, price was super good too, by far the cheapest piece I bought. I have to say I got a great price on the JJVE shirt cause platypus is a friend and he was insisting I should wear it (he was right, wearing right now and so easy to wear). TBH with my current interest in style (flashy sneakers like Raf or BW sandals + long shirts) I basically only care about brands on Suspension Point,...
Bless holiday-cargo shirt Dries van Noten dress shirt with navy rectangle JanJan Van Essche plum oversized shirt Christophe Lemaire navy kurta Peir Wu Japanese gabardine trousers Comme des garçons homme plus navy slacks with subtle zebra pattern
Most SW&D looks are pretty much what the average city dweller wears casually but, as you've noted, with higher pricepoints and possibly better cuts (slim jeans, nice sweatshirt and some designer trainers). In various mainstream circles (so not subculture, a pre-2.0 identity concept when applied to dressing anyway, nowadays someone can look goth one month and sporty casual the next), say app-hipsters or bearded rolled chinos topknotters, it actually goes over better than...
Do you have pics of the popover shirt worn in a more streetwear style? Just curious.
blablabla take a decent pic :P You can wear a UK flag jacket but you will have to drink Tesco lager.
SF meeting
First photo is fine, dunno about the second one. In the polo-dress shirt thing his jeans look like dress pants-jeans. So he's wearing a dress shirt-polo tucked in dress pants-jeans. That's like really bad, the skeuomorphism of casualwear. Silhouette is also shit although I have nothing against high rise. I'm not fascinated by Agnelli or anything but I've seen good looks from him before: they were much more formal (i.e. suit). Just like I don't like dumbo's family (British...
Looks really bad in that outfit, could see it working untucked, I mean I do it with a YSL tuxedo shirt with the same buttoning and it is fine (I think). I guess Agnelli couldn't do casual well either, the CM curse.
There is a clear distinction between the scientific breaking down of a series of movement down to their smaller parts and the emulation of the gestures of master figures. Now cultures have interpenetrated and the western one is quite present elsewhere and has been for a long time (and it is not quite unitary anyway) + like I said I dunno much about martial arts, although the somewhat related training of soldiers appears to have had the same western pre/post transformation...
Wittgenstein, using the example of a client's appreciation of a tailor's work, explained that a client wouldn’t point to specific problems but make a positive or negative judgment (it’s allright, it is not allright) and he is quite correct that dressing works that way. An esthetic judgment is only possible within a culture and correctly explaining it would, if we’re thorough, require explaining the whole culture that generated it. That is why we often use evocative...