or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

Look1) It makes perfect sense to me that people would ask long term clients of a tailor for feedback, providing they trust that person's judgment. No argument here.2) I would also want to see pictures to acertain if the tailor's work is something I like3) I'd probably talk to people who have tried him but decided to use someone else and see why they did it.4) I'd ask the advice of generally knowledgeable people who aren't using that particular tailorI'd say most would act...
I don't see how the car parallel helps anyone, it doesn't make things any clearer than with bespoke and even rubs out some of the peculiarities of ordering custom clothing...
arrrhghghghghghghhgThe point being made is simple and was easily understood by the much maligned foo: those positions can be somewhat fluid, patternmakers in a fashion house work for designers but often want to become designers, these people aren't getting their law or accounting degrees, their field is not that regimented. I don't give a flying fuck if McQueen was delivering bagels for a Savile row firm, it absolutely has no bearing on the important points.
So does this marcodalondra thing counts as a tar-baby situation?
A "creative" maybe...
You're sorta like foo but without the humour....
Look:1) Being an apprentice is a yes/no answer. He was either one or not one (he was one at two Savile row firms and one theatrical costuming one). Formulating it otherwise means you are trying to downplay his achievements, which is stupid considering what he achieved afterwards means this is irrelevent.2) Not that it matters, I also didn't mention he worked at other brands before having his own or went back to do an MA at Central Saint Martins. What matters is that in a...
"Service economy" = wankers economy.
It doesn't matter, apprentice cutter or cutter, it was when he was young and he moved on to something else. The point is that these weren't two different professional roads.
Not relevant, just using an example I had in mind. You could think of Alexander McQueen being a cutter at Savile row and moving on to being a designer at fashion houses, including his own. The prof separations just aren't that clear cut. Oh yeah and big brands might make things even more confusing. Let's say I have a bunch of Gucci lines and I want someone to oversee the designers heading each lines and give them directions and a common vision (as far as image and design...