or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

Once again the logic of your argumentation crashes on the mountain of distinction between nations, groups and individuals. If the state of Sudan has a policy the USA disagrees with it may exert diplomatic pressure (say the aforementioned Carter ban on immigration + other assorted measures), this is usually done to change the existing policies the USA disagrees with and is, by definition, temporary although say the Cuban sanctions lasted for a long time.Now if some Ugandan...
With Alexander Dugin advising the Kremlin you might soon be.
I entirely agree with the drive toward illimitation AND the universal going through the Rome/Christianity axis (inherited from our symbolic fathers, the Greeks) being revealed by Jews to be the deconstruction-ready figure of our affirmation hiding the possibility of a negation of this drive, embodying the universal and illimited as an excess of the particular. On the other hand I wouldn't see the supposed "West-Muslim" and "Israel-Muslim" clash as being part of a...
I read of a lesbian wedding, yeah. I'd assume this happened multiple times as Islam is even more open to fractious interpretation than Catholicism as it tends slightly more toward Praxis than Dogma when compared to the later.
Europe has less terrorism now than during the extreme left and IRA period coupled with some extreme-right false flag actions.
The axiological neutrality of capitalism is bullshit? It is not some objective, value-free way of handling the economic side but a consequence of past European problematics filled with hidden value judgments? Basically it is so present nowadays (there is no alternative) it becomes invisible, we don't question its premises but they still exist. This is why stuff like tv debates are so fucking stupid, we present hegemonic philosophies already swallowed whole and normalized...
Beyond "pissing off some allies" the US president is part of a system with its rules but also its own logic, finding some sort of executive order way to deport Jews to Cuba wouldn't really prove "it can be done" unless you understand the praxis of various moving parts of the US government. The way foreign affairs are handled, with its integration within a tradition of post WWII diplomacy (the new world order of the Bretton woods conference but also the mentality in...
Is that a Donald Trump quote?
I certainly haven't broadened the "scope" you were discussing (West vs Islam in a clash of civilization) as what I discuss is certainly not based on that. Maybe I shouldn't even have used ISIS as an example and concentrated on other groups to get the point across. Capitalism is a universalist philosophy (well it came from European culture and its universalist tradition) and has in its scope the unlimited, this explains both why (social) conservatives are not as adapted to...
Another interesting example is the arrival of Poles in France, the discourse is remarkably similar to the one concerning North-Africans (can't adapt due to culture, ghetto etc) and public discourse at the time even held their Catholicism against them (sure they're Catholics but their Catholicism is different).