or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

Really? I read a bunch of "anatomy of a Trump voter" or whatever pieces denouncing the intelligentsia (by the intelligentsia, for the intelligentsia) dismissal of them as "deplorables" or whatever. I’ll easily grant you that some of them were so condescending you'd think they were amazed to find out "these people" could think and had deep reasons for their voting choices ‘cause just last month they thought flyover people were basically mesozoic reptiles with a right to...
I gave you some wider social context, yeah. I don't see a problem. Is it important that they're teenagers and young adults? I mean street robberies are rarely done by older people.I guess the point of my post was that it wasn't one group, you have:Later arrivals (1st or second gen) mainly from China, living in suburbs like Aubervilliers and getting robbedEarlier arrivals from, say, Vietnam, not really living there and probably without much of a definition of themselves as...
There are two closely intertwined phenomena here:French citizens of Chinese decent have been targeted for robberies (attacking them in the street) as they are reputed to operate small businesses hence carry a lot of cash. The recent death of a man in Aubervillier has been the proverbial last straw. Note that AFAIK SE asians from former french colonies (Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao -yeah I know part of China was also owned by France) who are descended from people who arrived way...
I don't get it....1) This signing is not final, it also has to be ratified by the European parliament and by the national assemblies*.2) The LOL I can see is how many Canadians see themselves as European-like (i.e. nicer than Americans) and are pissed, not understanding that having none of these geographical indications:http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/quality/door/list.html;jsessionid=Jm4YWG8fBvHnpPYJRJTD150Vk34L38XTXywB8wddnryYhNygJdvb!-1853504095and only recognizing 145...
Yeah support is mainly that but there have been some sporadic fighting.
You do realize that France and the UK are/were also active in Syria and coordinating with the Americans? FYI Americans aren't actively fighting (definitions get fuzzy sometimes) so it is not "the usa" attacking Mosul directly, merely leading the strategy and providing support, training etc.
You know that boots on the ground shit is such a thorny media issue when we can say that troops are deployed but they're not boots on the ground etcetc.
You don't agree that the Iraq first strategy existed? WTF!!??? Remember the stats on bombing before the recalibration in 2016?Editorial (from the end of 2015) against IFS:http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/obama-isis-strategy-afghanistan-war-213380See "The Syrian Dimension" section (interesting how he says retaking Mosul would have to be done after the OBama admin):https://www.csis.org/analysis/us-strategy-and-war-iraq-and-syria
I added something about that above, maybe you missed it. I know this is a process and at this precise moment in time it is not a possibility, that was not the point.
The idea being that attacks happening in Europe will more easily receive technical assitance and even individual involvment through Raqqa than Mosul so it should have been attacked first for that very reason. You can look at recent comments from the French minister of foreign affairs to see he's scared of the Mosul consequences (large contingent of fighters fleeing toward Raqqa and some of them going to Europe).As I understand it, even after recalibrating, Americans have...