or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

Wait, you can do that? Can I buy a house in the middle of a lot, pay a good leech to help me secede, then proceed to paint my house garish colours and store old cars on my lawn? I would totally pay to do that.
Isle of man!!
Franchouillard merely means typically/cliche french and related to working class people. Envision red wine, berets, baguette and sausage + no interest in other cultures. When I used the term "franchouillard modasse" to talk about someone's look I basically perverted its use. I merely meant someone who dresses in a typical creative class Parisian look and used the franchouillard term to relay how pejoratively I saw it (I fucking hate that look). A few yrs ago it was Lanvin...
Franchouillard modasse just means frenchie fashion (although franchouillard can have some bread, beret and salami connotations they don't really apply there). In other words wearing something in a luxe but slightly rumpled and totally inoffensive/consensual way in a country where variety show anchors wear their tight DH or whatever suit with a white shirts two buttons undone to look like Gainsbourg-bearded cokehead intellectuals who go clubbing after the program ends....
I'm already selling a bunch of stuff with platypus but since it's not on this site this will be the last time I mention it and message me on some other site. I know styleforum doesn't want to be a site to sell by proxy from other sites...
Timbs had some fashion-hype moments maybe 6 months-1 yrs ago, lots of people wearing the beige ones with slim black jeans or tights tucked in.My haircut/unshaved face pretty much ensure I never look Raf Simons/Rick Owens ready. I'm thinking of selling all my remaining RO/CCP/etc though just cause it's no longer a look I want for myself but some elements are still wearable (like dunks I guess but the connotation is very bad indeed).
+1, all casual is fine, it really doesn't evoke over-branded street-goth. Hell when it is somewhat cold I do my errants in a Buzz Rickson MA-1, Supleme hoodie, Nike sweats and whatever sneakers (sometimes RO dunks, ok that's a little bit douchebaggy) and it's ok.
Bomber is fine, leather is usually fail.
Maybe people in tech are subconsciously aware that they're glorified app-pushers so their lack of importance and relevance, even compared to academia, let them keep their peace of mind?
This makes a lot more sense, yeah.