or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

I have a white rick leather, it doesn't really get dirty.
Women's still have the big MRS...
Depends on what you mean by boxier, I mean Dior Homme and now SLP are cut in a box shape, just a very thin box. The old jackets are drapier and the new ones have a more current slim fit, meaning they're slim all over. Mine is deer (produced for A/W 06) and it is def different from the current offerings (I'm usually a 46 although with Margiela I oscillate between 44 and 46 and the 5zip is a 44, in the new ones I'd probably prefer a 46 so tts).
One way to see it is that people are providing content that make the site interesting for other people. I don't see myself paying to provide content. I also don't feel any sort of moral obligation to subject myself to ads, here or anywhere else. Of course I know we're (not talking about sf specifically) now halfway to a blend of ad and content that isn't really reassuring but that can hardly be blocked piecemeal.
Engineered garments?
I do believe I had that conversation with someone on SF, probably you...In The Rules of Art: Genesis and Structure of the Literary Field Bourdieu made the argument (see intro IIRC) that explaning the social determinations of a field (in this case the artistic field) does not remove the inherent "magic" present in said field and it's non-reflexive appreciation, it's just another very important angle that completes our understanding of what is going on. I don't think reading...
Most artists are really bad at discussing art, especially theirs. This doesn't mean the art itself does not have a sociopolitical dimensions, it is just unavoidable, they live in and reflect society. Ar for the writing, well, not really a concern of mine as far as universities are concerned so I can't say. Not everyone gets to be Blanchot.
Who cares, I corrected it anyway because Greenberg had a social angle (true art versus kitsch = progressist versus retrograde). The point is that there isn't much art produced today that doesn't take some kind of social stance, it is almost unavoidable. The default function of art is a social one anyway, modern (european) art attempted a separation at some point but it never gelled completely.
Art doesn'tremain separate from politics, 19th century art for art's sake is dead.