or Connect

Posts by Fuuma

Pretty much, I look at the Cabourn jacket I have and it is obviously better made than say a Margiela jacket. However between a Margiela, a YSL and a Schneider I can't really tell and certainly don't care. Certain items just have that surplus that gives them something more when it comes to quality (like Green or Cabourn or whatever), fashion brands being mostly interchangeable, being interesting for other reasons.Of course quality is like any other aspect, it is all about...
Fuck The Kooples.
I haven't been talking about TOJ for a while (only in my first post I think), I rode that Vass discussion cause I found LAGuy's post on this really relevent to the old customer/new customer current dichotomy and the difficulty of choosing how to approach that.
Note: I forgot to say that the JPress customer I describe is the imagined* one, so a small but much needed part of their business.Prices can't be the same in Europe and NA for Euro brands though, they can be brought in line but there's always a 20-40% difference. Even a really popular brand being sold online quite often (say Rick Owens) is in that bracket.*fuuma's typology of customers, recently used in some fashion industry publications cause my friend likes to steal my...
The Vass "expanded" market isn't the TOJ-guy, it's the older and well established man who buys at boutiques and high-end dept stores. That person is not going to order online through measurements. To continue with my old man, he needs a new barbour but doesn't even bother going to the store, I'll probably need to do that for him. Do you think he would bother (or know how) to order online.
He has his own art musem (he was ahead of the curve I guess) and is doing quite well, I hope he doesn't internationalize, it's the road to shit products and Starbuckification of luxury. We've sadly swallowed whole the idea that "optimization" is what humans should strive for. From a purely business school perspective, yeah, he just needs to sell at the same price as Materna or other makers of that niche although IMHO not Lobb, Green, Corthay, Berluti etc, that's the dainty...
Yeah it is Brioni (i bet you used image search), I hope their average customer doesn't buy this cause they saw Drive, I can just imagine the MCpocalypse of uglyness. On the other hand it would look great on the right person (not me, maybe Parker?).
Well right now it is a niche products for people who frequent fashion forums or his old Mitteleuropean clientele of businessmen from Budapest and nearby areas (like Germany) for whom it is the default style of shoes (if you ever walk around Vienna near fancy areas you'll notice no older upperclass man wears shit shoes but they're def not Lobb or whatever, very much regional style gunboats). The first group will order directly from Vass and save money, the second doesn't...
Guys, the cost of materials+production+ administrative costs + shipping is probably something like $200 for a leather jacket, with say $400 profit/jacket and 30 or more a months, he turned maybe 12000 profit/month (so better than the average us doctor or whatever but not the owner of a clinic or CEO or really rich people) and a lot more during peak time, this business was quite profitable for a small scale endeavour, especially setup in what is basically a third world...
Can anyone guess which brand released this?