or Connect

Posts by Imyouricecreamman

It is very faux
That's why you want the 372 then?
Yes, I was primarily asking about the exterior finish. There seems to be a lot of different takes when it comes to choices in finishing. Rolex has seemed to go for a finer grained brusing on their latest models where the previous genereations had coarser circular brushing (lugs). My aquatimer (prvevious gen.) didn't have the same quality on the brushing and the movement of the bezel felt cheap compared to watches I've owned previously (sinn u2, planet ocean and seiko...
Which mid level brand offer the best finish and quality feel? Omega, Iwc, Rolex, Jaeger? Any other contenders out there? For metal I would say Rolex, but my Iwc had a nicer dial or atleast a more interesting structure or finish to it. Panerai and Jaeger offer really nice polished watches.
At that price I would not even think twice about it. You could probably make money on the 372 if you decided to sell and had some patience. The 372 was way to big on my wrist with the raised crystal, but it was really nice. That said, the Cartier has to be the perfect gentleman's dress watch. -V
My two cents in the water resistance discussion. Here is my Omega Speedmaster Pros pressuretest results. First it's subjected to a -0.8bar vacuum test, then a 10 bar pressure test.
I alternate a bit between the stuff I have. I use a saphir renovateur and black and brown kiwi polish to get a good rich color. A good horsehair brush is also a plus:)I snowseal the welts 2 or three times between october and march to keep them waterproof:)The laces are the standard Beckman laces which I prefer over the standard ones.
Thanks! They are Amber Harness 8111
Ready for winter number 4
All streetcred gone when you play with a left hand technique like that He's good though.