or Connect

Posts by Fabienne

Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster Don't mind me--just a flippant remark alluding to the commonly-held belief that a few years after marriage, sex in the relationship basically disappears. True in some cases, not true in others. More seriously, I think it's just supposed to represent a "last night of freedom". One last night to do all the things that your wife might disapprove of without having to worry about the power struggles and negotiations...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Dipping sauces are not that common. Some put a teaspoon of soy sauce into the broth but that only adds a neglible amount of flavor. Not all Chinese dishes are flavorful. Like I said, an acquired taste. If you want to add more flavor, altering the filling will not help much as it's really the skin that is bland. I prefer pan-frying but sometimes I'll have them plain for a change of pace. I rarely use dipping sauces...
Quote: Originally Posted by alflauren Paris had first-class metro cars. They did away with them in 1990 or so. Dans les wagons de première classe Paroles: Henri Tachan Musique: Gérard Jouannest Isolés de la populace Par un mur en duralumin, Les privilégiés de première classe, Sur le cuir, posent leur popotin, Tout constipés, derrière la glace, Leur beau ticket vert à la main, Pour quelques centimes de surtaxe, Ils...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster It's basically a wake for the groom's sex life. Great, now I'm even more lost...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang I always eyeball it but the quantities of each, by volume, are: 70% pork 10% napa cabbage (boil and press it first, which will reduce its size by 80%) 20% shrimp (I like the pre-cooked small cocktail shrimp, the size of your thumb nail) Also add a tablespoon of cornstarch. For the seasonings: salt and black pepper. It's supposed to be rather bland, and even the broth is supposed to be bland as it's just water...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 These posts are making me hungry for dinner at 10am. Forgive the unschooled question, but are you guys making wontons with premade, er, wonton shells? Or buying them and just making the filling at home? Nothing special last night, but last week I made a pretty good meal. Caprese salad to start, then farfalle with mixed mushroom cream sauce (from a recipe). Delicious; though I supposed when you start the sauce...
What is the purpose of a bachelor party? Serious question.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 Fab, I want you to cook for me some time. So poetic. The house is open, any time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang It's best to get together a group of people to make and eat them. Make it a social event. Sure, and flop in front of everybody? Do you have a good recipe for a filling?
But if the bride is having her own bachelorette party, and is in full agreement with her future husband's night of debauchery, then I'll suggest inviting both a male and a female prostitute and see what happens.