or Connect

Posts by Fabienne

Quote: Originally Posted by Asch Drive a car with massive unrepaired damage all over its body and people will tend to give you some space on the road. That is exactly what I am currently driving...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viktri interesting, I had something similar when i was younger. In grade 1, I was writing mirror-style. If you held my writing to a mirror, it would look normal. My son (5) is left-handed, and I had noticed the very same tendency (writing mirror-style), a few months ago. It has stopped now. It helps that his new teacher is also left-handed. I was playing soccer for fun with him a couple of weeks ago, and noticed...
Quote: Originally Posted by visionology The crown vic will be the most obvious and will work the best because they are so routinely used. Tinted windows are a must and since you can't put lights in the back, might I suggest two boxes of tissues, a red and blue box. Through the tinted windows they will just give the hint of the red and blue and you can't get busted for them. You also have to get the spotlight and painted wheels. This was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmax Several observations: Which state are you in? Different states and municipalities used different unmarked Police vehicles. Here in NYC the highway patrol uses grey or white Crown Victorias. I am not aware of Pontiac Grand Prix (White or otherwise) iused by any Police Department in fleet capacity. If your other car was smaller and "less-intimidating", something like a Honda Civic 4-door, other drivers may have...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbc Spotlights, grille protector should do the trick. Used to own a Crown Vic police interceptor edition that still had the spotlights on it. Definitely gets a little more respect on the road. Thank you. I am actually still somewhat toying with the idea of getting a Crown Victoria, despite its size. What is your experience with that car? What about antennas as an accessory?
Truck ran into the back of my car at an intersection. My car is still driveable, but not worthy of being repaired, according to the truck driver's insurance company. While my car was being inspected, I rented a white Pontiac Grand Prix and discovered that other drivers kept their distances and appeared to drive more carefully around me. Never was happier driving. (People around here drive as though they had nine lives, I see at least one accident a day, and only spend...
Hated it and returned ours. Bought the hardest, best quality futon I could find instead and am very happy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac As far as what I know you can get pretty easily in the US, try the following and start from there: Scharffenberger Valhrona Cluizel Scharffenberger is one of the most often used brick chocolates used in top level gourmet baking. I'm not much into chocolate, as I don't like sweets, but will drink hot cocoa by making it with unsweetened cocoa powder and milk. Hopefully the quality of Sharffenberger...
You might consider fencing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tengu Best yogurt (available in US)? Fage Total (strained), made in Greece. Hands down... This one is very good, but to me, it tastes more/has the texture of what is called Fromage blanc in France. I nonetheless will buy that before any other plain yogurt brands offered in the US. It makes a great basil/lemon sauce for grilled fish. Trader Joe's in my region carries the brand. Otherwise, I stay away from the...