or Connect

Posts by xkmasada

At HBS and Sloan, about half of the students in any random class dress casually and half dress business casual. I tended to dress casually (t-shirt, jeans/shorts) for academic-focused classes, but business casual (long sleeved shirt, slacks) for business-focused classes. By academic classes, I mean accounting, quant, communications, management, and other classes where the professors are full-time lecturers and there's no need to make a good impression. In business...
Having lived and worked in Asia for some time, khaki suits evoke the image of the early 20th century taipan visiting the plantations or tin mines, or the upper class aristocrat enjoying a gin tonic at the polo club. But in this modern day, the khaki suit would be quite inappropriate for business in Asia. It would seem too affected, too nostalgic. As a casual suit, though, it is still a tremendous look though, and will especially impress the old-money and better educated...
A pearl necklace.... so classy!
Get the ring in slim fit silver. More discrete and cheaper. Very popular with girls, but I think it looks good on guys as well. Or, get the ring in a low concentration of gold, like 14K. The ring will be more durable. Be aware though, that older alum of the school across the river from you take pride in having rings that have so many dents on them that they look like raw gold nuggets.
It's been a couple weeks after getting measured for a bespoke suit and I've been called in for the first fitting. I've been told that the jacket will consist of the canvas and wool torso. Is there anything with regards to fit or construction that I should be looking for or paying attention to in particular? Or, given the still early stage in suit construction, should I just trust the fitter's eye and let him pin his pins and make his chalk marks.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 I really don't think you need to be worrying about toe shape its visual effect on your height. I have never heard such a theory, and, if one exists, wouldn't give it any weight at all. I read it in the recently posted GQ style-guide on difficult to dress men. It devoted once sentence to the shoes that shorter guys should wear. J, thanks so much for the detailed explanation! It makes a lot more sense...
I'm relatively new to dress shoe buying and would like the inputs of more experienced members on shoe silhouette. I am relatively short (172cm, 5'8") and have read that slim-looking shoes will elongate me and make me appear relatively taller. Which of the following shoe styles creates this slim/height-elongating look? Please ignore details like the lack of leather soles and color and stuff - I'd like to focus just on silhouette/style. 1. Wingtip 2....
Swatch = Swiss + Quartz I've never been ashamed of wearing one. It has it's time and place.
Quote: Originally Posted by lsk5013 Its kinda vacation, kinda not. I will be studying at the National University of Singapore for the fall semester. Thus, its kinda like a vacation but with some actual studies and work stuff. I'm hoping to visit Kuala Lumpur and possibly India (Calcutta or Bangladesh) as well. So, who knows where your going to find a decent tailor! I did that for a semester as well, at the business faculty. It was fun, but I...
Anderson Cooper was by far the best dressed person in the Democrat debates that just finished on CNN, in my opinion. He's also a case study in how to dress to accentuate your height: he's only of average height (5'10"), but he looks much taller. His outfit gave him a very dignified yet active look. No screencaps of the debate, but here's the outfit he wore. Unfortunately, this doesn't capture how he looked standing up, and how he looked gesturing. Highlights: -...