or Connect

Posts by simondg

It's going to be very interesting to see how the big watchmakers go about dealing with the new realities. One feels that they could either adapt successfully, or they could tank the whole thing; it's all in their hands now.The article doesn't mention which positions are being cut, but if it is indeed watchmakers who are being let go, that's a bad sign. Those are some of the employees you'd last want to lose, not first.
I'd generally hold off modern IWC for a while; I think prices are coming down: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-14/richemont-plans-to-cut-more-than-200-swiss-jobs-amid-watch-woes[/quote] It's going to be very interesting to see how the big watchmakers go about dealing with the new realities. One feels that they could either adapt successfully, or they could tank the whole thing; it's all in their hands now. The article doesn't mention which positions are...
Not a super villain, but this might work. Cuts and bruises on the face help as well.
This too.
Haha! This has been making me laugh all morning
Thanks for the thread and write-up, I was wondering the other day about bespoke eyeglasses and eyeglass makers.
^^ Thanks guys!
On the subject of current chronographs, a quick question. In the sub $5,000 chrono bracket it seems that one is mainly looking at standard movements with a chrono module added (Tudor, Sinn, TAG, Longines, etc.). Whereas the interesting manufacture chrono movements all seem to come in in the $10,000 range (Rolex, Omega, GP, JLC, Breitling, Cartier, etc.). I was wondering if there are any chronos in the lower range that stand out as punching above their weight in terms of...
^^ Indeed. Very Nice!
Thanks guys. I'll pop by and see what they think. I'll report back if there's any action.