or Connect

Posts by E,TF

Assuming architect and client aren't total idiots, I'd guess thats what they'll have used in Big Sur. Also in the picture I spoilered above notice how much darker the glass is where the sliding doors are open and you are effectively looking through two layers instead of one, bottom right of the pic. Looked it up and those coatings also cut out UV so the books on your shelves will be fine.
Can't you get fancy glass these days, with coatings that cut out most of the heat energy but lets most of the light through? In some of the photos of the big sur house, (see the one spoilered below for instance), the glass in the roof part especially looks darkish, like it's polarised or got some kind of coating. [[SPOILER]]
The Shirokane House, Tokyo, looks great on the outside but the inside looks bad to me. Small awkward-looking spaces and dark corners, kind of chopped up and dominated by the well-lit staircase. The Fall House is just fantastic.
Will wrote about this on A Suitable Wardrobe once - http://asuitablewardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/low-contrast-for-summer.html He used this pic of Prince Charles as an example -
loro piana
Length looks good to me.
Well sure. It's just that earlier, people seemed to be arguing that it's ok for lounge suits to show that triangle because you shirt won't contrast with it so much (which is clearly nonsense), and that for some reason lounge suits should not be judged for being ill-fitting as much as a tuxedo (also nonsense).Of course as you move around over the day things will look less perfect, but as a starting point, there's no reason not to hold both a lounge suit and a tuxedo to the...
Also note that in that picture of Vox in his natty tartan DJ, and in the Astaire-inspired one recently posted here, he has not buttoned the jacket (unlike all his other robo-pose fits). Some people, including him it seems, hold that you should never button your DJ, in fact that they should be cut on the presumption that you won't button it (extra waisted). That being the case, then of course either a 'bund or a waistcoat is essential. There was some discussion about it...
I'm not saying don't wear a cummerbund. I'm just saying you shouldn't really have that triangle of shirt visible in any case. For both lounge suits and tuxedos.
Not so.