or Connect

Posts by E,TF

Ah yes, it was the RSS thread I was remembering I think.
The ask a quick question thread is perfectly welcoming to noob questions. There is also a huge wealth of knowledge in the old threads. I spent probably a year reading through them before I even signed up, and found many of my questions answered already.
I like that your co-worker knew that this would be of especial interest to you. A tribute to the influence of this thread perhaps.
I remember a massive and amusing argument about this here a few years ago, can't find it now.
Could also be that the trousers have been through the wash a few times and the jacket hasn't (especially if he's in the habit of wearing them separately).
I like the length as it is, but you could try asking in the tailors thread for professional opinions.
I think that's just right. The buttoning point (top one of a two button, middle of a three) should be judged in relation to the waist - follow the line of the checks in your jacket from the most nipped in bit at the side and the button placement is at about the same point. You can go slightly higher or lower than the actual waist if you want, thought this changes the feel of the jacket. I like to go slightly lower than the actual waist, lends a more natural, relaxed look.
This sounds a very sensible approach.I had a topcoat made a few years ago in a 20oz tweed. I was actually worried it was too light - it was quite a loosely woven thing - but the tailor said he could add a wool interlining, which makes the final coat pretty warm and heavy.
Chinos, ocbd and knit or wool tie is probably the most casual interpretation of that dress code possible. If everyone else is in smart wool pants, broadcloth dress shirts and silk ties, you will stand out. What does everyone else wear? What does your boss wear?
We did the kitchen in our london flat with integrated fridge, dish washer etc, but oven and hob in black glass, similar to these (random pics off the internet)- Units pale grey, worktop in charcoal coloured stone. Cupboard handles were stainless though, as were tap and sink.