or Connect

Posts by viksra

Thank you all for your input. pvrhye & Sprout, thanks to both of you too.
IrateCustomer - thank you for your help! Yes I am genuinely interested in having a better understanding. And you are right, I don't have much to refer to in order to make a decision on. I even went so far as getting my hands on copies of these: Andy Gilchrist - The Encyclopedia Of Men's Clothes, Details - Men's Style Manual by Daniel Peres, Dressing The Man by Alan Flusser, Off The Cuff (The Essential Style Guide for Men and the Women who Love Them) by Carson Kressley, and...
Is there a place where I can start? I am willing to learn what's proper and what's not. I come across many conflicting things online. For example, I read the information on Peyman Umay's site about what makes a bespoke suit etc, and someone in this thread said the site is filled with garbage and some of it is made up.Is there a good place to learn the 101 of it all here on SF?I'm willing to learn. Also, after I googled the definition of "sartorialist", I didn't see one...
Okay, I'm a little confused. I've been taught by reading online from men's styling magazines that proper fit is when it's snug but you are able to fit a few fingers inside when buttoned, and that you should be able to move your arms fully up into the air and also when you extend your arms down by your side, you should be able to curl your fingers upwards and that's where the bottom of your jacket should end. As for the cuffs, you should show a little cuff at all times. The...
Well I don't want to be the one that kills the thread so I'll post a suit that I really LOVE... the pattern matching at ends, color, everything about it is fantastic imo.
I'm not trolling. Google him. https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=justin+ross+lee
Wait though, what exactly is wrong with his appearance? Other than the "H" belts which you don't seem to like and the short tie/popped collar... do you not like his suits?
I read an interview of his where he said he doesn't like to look at the camera that's taking his picture so it appears as if he's getting his photo taken by many people. It's to crate an illusion about himself. Which, it does work judging by his following.