or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

Well, 5 months after first placing my order for the shell PTBs that ended up having the finish issues, I finally got my money back. Obviously I was disappointed in the finished product, and wish their quality control had been a bit better. I haven't seen anyone else have the same problems to the degree my shoes had them, though, so maybe my experience was a fluke. The long turnaround time on everything was a pain, too. It took longer than expected to make them, longer...
This is a great piece - it's a nice vintage car coat in an awesome rust-colored plaid tweed with brown leather football buttons. It should be very warm, with a quilted liner. I wish this thing fit me. It seems to be very high quality. It's in good shape; the only issue is a spot on the collar where a couple threads are broken. It's not noticeable. $75, including shipping CONUS. Tagged size is 42. That's sized to fit without a jacket underneath. If you're going to...
This is a relatively recent Southwick sportcoat made from what feels like a silk-wool blend in a black-and-white houndstooth pattern with a blue windowpane. It has very nice gray mother-of-pearl buttons. $50 $40 $35 OBO, including shipping CONUS. Will ship elsewhere. Tagged size is 42R. Chest pit-to-pit: 22.5" Shoulders: 19.5" BOC length: 31" Sleeves: 24" + 1" to let down
This is a cool piece of history - it's a vintage wool L.L. Bean shirt jacket made from a great, heavy wool twill. It's a great piece from Bean's history that is made to a quality standard they don't meet anymore. The collar and placket are lined with nylon for reinforcement. Asking $45, including shipping in the CONUS. Will ship elsewhere. The tagged size is Medium, with another tag that indicates it's a Long. Chest pit to pit: 22" Neck: 16" Sleeves, measured like a...
Duffle coats are great, and they're pretty desirable right now. This one has great details, including authentic real wood-and-rope toggles, a working throat latch, adjustable hood, and red piping on the interior of the hood and the coat. It's in very good shape overall - a bit of lint, mostly from the jute rope toggles, and just a very little pilling at the cuffs. No spots, stains, holes, or anything like that. Asking $130 $120 $100, which includes shipping in the...
This Brooks Brothers polo coat is from the era before they were bought by Marks & Spencer and quality declined for a while. This one is a very high quality single-breasted polo coat with envelope pockets and swelled edges. It's in good shape overall, with some wear to the nap around the edges of the lapels, the collar, and the ends of the sleeves. The wear is not all that noticeable, in my opinion. This would be a great starter dress coat. Because of the wear, I'm...
This lovely, soft tweed-like herringbone jacket is from BB's 1818 line, Madison cut, and is from the Fall 2009 collection. It's in fantastic shape, with no issues whatsoever I can find. 3 button roll 2.5, double vents. It's tagged 45R; in my estimation it's on the slim side and could work well for a 44R or even a 43 possibly. See measurements, below, though. $130 $115 $100 including shipping CONUS. Will ship elsewhere for additional cost. Chest pit to pit: 23.5"...
This is Brooks Brothers' upper-level blazer, the best quality (except for Golden Fleece) that they offer. It retails, IIRC, for $698. It's a great staple blazer in a dark navy twill with brass buttons with the BB Country Club logo on them. It's in very good shape, with just a little wear to the green piping around the inside pockets. No other issues. $100 shipped CONUS. Will ship elsewhere for extra. Tagged 39R; would probably also work for 40R. Chest pit to pit:...
Two pairs of black Allen Edmonds cap-toe shoes, one Park Avenue (captoe bal) and one Redding (captoe blucher). Both have been worn but are in excellent condition. The PAs have had new heel toplifts; the Reddings are all original heels and soles. Both soles are solid with lots of life left in them. The Park Avenues are 9.5D, and the Reddings are 10D. These likely both came from the same wardrobe, and since the Park Avenue's 5 last tends to fit long, both would probably...
Looks good, MZ. I'd advise you to press both the shirt and jacket before listing, though.