or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

There sure are a lot of horses in Central Pennsylvania.
I've seen at least one or two Tom James garments that I would have bet my paycheck were Oxxfords, if you'd removed all the labels. Same droopy notch lapels, same extra-long lapel buttonhole with the same kind of buttonhole stitch, same partial lining with the inside of the pockets bagged out and trimmed in the exact same way, same pants with only a half waistband in front and curtain lining. Those things are distinctive and I haven't seen them done the same way on anything...
Just got an email from The Shoemart - they have Alden cigar shell captoe bals on the Hampton last in stock, sizes 9.5-11D. $731, available in-store or by phone only.
Singeing is a standard part of making a good hat.This:is not. Nor is crushing and wrinkling the crown, or fraying the edges.
So, his business model is: - Make beautiful hat - Destroy beautiful hat - Sell destroyed hat for more than beautiful hat Got it.
Do want, if available!
No, Sanford is on the 7 last, Park Ave is on the 5. If you know a size that fits well in the Sanford, I'd start by going up a width and possibly down a half size in the PA and see how that fits. Your local AE store should have plenty of sizes available to try.
Size?You've been paying attention! Well done.
AE's lasts can vary in fit quite a bit. The Park Avenue's 5 last, in particular, is usually understood to fit long and narrow.