or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

Well, I'd say it can pull a good shot. As with any espresso, you have to know what you're doing. And the manual nature of it makes getting good shots trickier than regular machines, because in addition to all the usual variables of grind, distribution, tamp, temperature, infusion time, etc., you're introducing another variable with pressure. So that can make it trickier to get a good, consistent shot nailed down. But once you know what you're doing, the variability there...
Yep, La Pavoni Europiccola, same model and year as the one I found and refurbished. Missing the portafilter and drip tray.If it doesn't power on, probably the switch went bad from moisture/corrosion. Common issue for those. I got a replacement switch for mine for $24.00, along with a set of replacement seals, from espressoparts.com. They might have the parts you're missing, too. Refurbishing was not that complicated. It comes apart fairly easily, just clean the parts,...
Haha...the AAAC Trad forum just blew up with folks mad about outlet-store merchandise being deceptive.ALL of the major clothing retailers have stuff made just for the outlets, and almost none of it is labeled as such. It sucks, but it's become industry standard. Brooks just did away with the 346 outlet line in favor of new labels that are even more like the mainline. Mainline shirts have "Est. 1818" in the oval, now outlet shirts have the same label but with just "1818,"...
Taking a break, for now.
Re: the Harley price discussion a page or two ago - I just sold my 12-year-old Sportster for 10% more than I paid for it four years ago. 25-50% above NADA book value for the bike.
My mannequin is a size 40. For jackets 40 and smaller, I don't bother, obviously. For larger ones, I generally do use pins or a clip to give it some shape. It's not going to look "real" or give a true impression of the fit if it's just hanging there all baggy, so why not make it look a bit better?
Spoo you made me jealous with that haul so I had to get even
Nice! First time I've seen the Gregory model from Isaia. Waaaay more structure and padding than the Base S jackets I usually see.
Warm blue is called purple.
Sunday.