or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

@DanM Wow on the Kiton etc.! Do they even sell those brands in Cincy?@impuntura Could the suede be Seraphin? DOH, nevermind. Posted before I saw your label pic.Ho Lee Chit. So much win. I always check old ratty umbrellas in the antique stores, but I've never come across one of the big English names yet.
Thanks man!
@Nobleprofessor here's the Olds:
@GMMcL holy crap, nice hauls. So much win there. That BBBF shirt available?FYI, from what I can see from here, if they're short, the untipped BB ties are probably 20s/30s. 30s if they're just really short, 20s if they're really, really hella short and super flared on both ends.Check my signature.
Thanks. I'll check that out. My first car (the old Dodge Aspen I showed on page 1) had the plug wire issue. One time, I thought I was going to be stranded in the middle of the West Virginia mountains and never get home. So I'm familiar with that issue.
Eazy, incredible haul. So much win there. Especially love the '40s coat.This one is weirding me out, though. I don't understand how it could possibly be from the 70s with those labels and fonts. Looks totally modern.Also, Frenchy, congrats on the desk. That's an amazing pull. You've got me looking for MCM every time I'm in a shop now, but I've never seen a worthwhile piece in two or three years of looking.
http://www.fabricreweaversusa.com/I've used them three or four times. Good results. I think a few others here have, as well.
Thanks for the tips! I'll try that once it warms up tomorrow. Any particular brand or type of lube I should pick up?It has about 145K miles on it. My sister (the previous driver) replaced the starter a couple months ago, and she says it occasionally will stall when you hit the gas too aggressively, but other than that it seems to be in good shape for the age.
I just inherited an old car (1989 Olds Delta 88 Royale Brougham) from a family member to use as a beater for a while until I get around to buying something newer. One issue: in cold weather (sub-20, which we've been having this week), the door latches tend to seize up and won't release. It's not the lock cylinders; the keys turn just fine and I can hear/feel the lock mechanism turning. And it's not the door freezing to the frame, I don't think; usually in that scenario,...
Agree. No way those are legit. They didn't put that kind of labeling inside back them.