or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

Welp, used my blocklist today for maybe the third or fourth time in 8 years on SF.
Have any of you ever contacted the previous owner of clothes you've found and asked if they might have anything more to get rid of? I've now found three Samuelsohn MTM jackets donated by a local attorney, and they fit me perfectly. I've looked him up and have his email..I just haven't yet had the courage to send him a note and ask if he has anything else he'd like to get rid of. Would that be super weird or rude?
NP, please use the spoiler function to hide pictures when you're quoting someone, especially when there are a lot of pics. It's the little blacked-out speech bubble icon in the editor.
Just send it to me and you won't have to bother.
There are a fair number of people here, myself included, who have realized the hard way that we can't flip everything Wes and Spoo can - not profitably, anyway.
You'll probably have to pay duties on the full amount, though I'm sure you're expecting that already. I'd go ahead and provide the proof; you didn't mark it down, and you can honestly say you didn't ask for it to be done and had no control over the seller's actions. You shouldn't be in any trouble, I'd think.
hey guys I think gmmcl was joking
Authorities may be about to bring indictments in the Great Pappy Theft from a year and a half ago: http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2015/04/14/pappy-van-winkle-thieves-indicted-steroid-case/
Guess this counts as DIY: I'm trying my hand for the first time at carving a pipe. Started with a pre-drilled kit block, mostly because I don't have the equipment to turn and drill a stem. Decided to do a big poker sitter because simplicity. Roughed out the shape freehand with a coping saw, disc sander and dremel; from here on out I'll just use hand files and sandpaper to finish it. Still figuring out exactly what I want to do with the shank. Progress pics: