or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

- Those who wore a dark navy suit generally had a tie that was too pale and got washed out (Academic2, Holdfast, SeamasterLux). Tchoy was almost an exception. - aph999 had the opposite problem: too much contrast. A blue shirt or better photography might have fixed the issue. - A couple of folks (Amar ezzahi, P-K-L) had pattern problems (too busy). - archibaldleach, hirschlederne, o/o - needed better photos. Clearer and/or better lit. - Roycru's bow is great, but fought...
Guess I can't get mad at another local since I get out so infrequently these days, but still..STAY OUTTA MA TERRITORY! Wrong.This, except "cutaway" is the term for the morning coat. "Swallowtail" is the slang term for evening tail coats like this. Would have originally had matching pants. Though orphans are just as frequent in formal wear as anything else.
I'd have guessed '60s on ATLjon's JAB tweed, based on the narrow lapels. But it could be '50s.
IIRC I also sold one for $150, one of the silk limited edition ones.
Don't do this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261458396029
This union label often trips people up. There were two major unions that produced menswear in the 20th century, the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America (ACWA) and the United Garment Workers of America (UGWA). 90%+ of the union tags you'll see are ACWA, and those are the ones we see in this thread and are used to using to date clothing. ACWA tags have a sewing machine and shears on them and were revised in 1933, 1939, 1949, 1962, and then 1976 when ACWA became UNITE...
I've sent plenty of RRA and flat rate boxes that were bulgy on the sides. If it fits, it ships, and they don't define "fit."
Belated Easter fit pic. Thanks to @GMMcL for the PRL madras jacket.
I completely agree. Getting these tapered is on my to-do list.Very active, but not a minister. I am sort of the ministerial equivalent of someone with a law degree who's never taken the bar exam.
Belated easter fit pic.