or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

I decide what would be the middle-of-the-road amount that would make me happy, and go 20-30% higher.FWIW on your auctions, the ones where you have a shot of the sleeve buttons as the main picture are kinda odd looking and wouldn't stand out to me if I were browsing through listings. And your lack of decent lighting in the photos gives all your shots the same dim, blue-gray cast that isn't very appealing as a buyer.
Amazing finds, Spoo. Need fit pics of the tails!
You have someone who does new soles for less than $30? My guy charges 60, and that's the cheapest I've seen for full soles and heels, properly sewn to the welts.
@DanM hope you don't have one of these starting on your street! (This was Baltimore, a couple weeks ago.) (sorry @Shoeluv)
I haven't run into this exact situation, but my wife and I have significantly different opinions on how much personal information is OK to share with parents and siblings. I'm more private; she's much more open. I don't have a good solution, other than trying to talk through it and find a compromise, but I feel your pain.Edit: just saw you and your wife are on the same page. That's good. In that case, just stand your ground. If you have to, have a conversation with him and...
It's funny - I posted them in AAAC's Trad Ebay Spoilers thread at like 8AM, and nobody kopped for hours. I post here, and they're gone within two minutes.
Ethrift opp - black shell BB LHS, 11D. $35 BIN: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROOKS-BROTHERS-mens-loafers-11-D-black-leather-TOP-QUALITY-/390835330911?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Just thrifted $148 on a $1 exacta. Happy Derby.
Thought about it, but some jerk has all the thrifting for 50 miles on lockdown, so life would suck.
Some sellers might have an inventory and shipping setup that would make combining a hassle. Not disrupting that system might be worth more to them than the increased goodwill and business that would come from offering combined shipping. Not the business choice I'd make, but I can understand it as a rational decision.