or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

@330CK, I think.
I've got a line on some shoes I've been hunting for at least 10 years.
The shape that's present (or not) in the waist of a jacket is an aesthetic, pattern-drafting decision that's not totally dependent on the wearer's build.
Sacks can have a good bit of shape in the waist, and I prefer them that way. BB's sack silhouette fluctuated quite a bit over the decades. They were generally boxy like all sacks in the earliest 20th c., gained more shape in the 20s and 30s, lost it in the 50s, and gained some back in the 70s and 80s. They're usually thought of as boxy like the 50s and 60s models, but that was just the Ivy trend following the wider men's fashion world, which went for bigger, looser,...
Probably tried on at some point.
Re: Gene Wilder, some of y'all will appreciate this. Gene Wilder's note to Mel Stuart on the concept for his Willy Wonka costume.http://mentalfloss.com/article/77312/read-gene-wilders-thoughts-his-willy-wonka-costume?utm_content=inf_10_1203_2&utm_source=FBTraffic&utm_medium=jabra&utm_campaign=CMfacebook&tse_id=INF_246136182703414eab43f62b35253ec1
Man. Are those criminally underpriced or has the market for shell collapsed? I used to get more than that for 30-year-old NOS Hanover shells. In more common colors.
That's recent enough it's unlikely to have been made ventless unless it was custom ordered. There's a decent chance the previous owner had the vents sewn shut. Some guys prefer ventless and do that with all their jackets. If that is the case here, it'd be easy to have them reopened.
Orphan.
These available?