or Connect

Posts by Orgetorix

lolwut
I've looked at that thing six ways from Sunday and I can't see anything but blue. Some goldish/bronze hues in the black, yes, but never any white.
http://www.burkhartcompany.com/main_page.html
Definitely shell, definitely not Florsheim. @capnwes should be able to ID them if nobody else does.
So, little bit of trivia: The first Levi's factory outside of San Francisco was here in Louisville. Levi Strauss's brother lived here and owned a dry goods company.Anyway, the building still exists. I've literally had dreams of sneaking in and finding stacks of ancient deadstock jeans in a closet.
I've found two Attolinis and a cashmere Kiton made for that store, a few years back. My only finds from either of those makers.They probably just ordered softer shoulders on that model when they placed the order with Caruso.
I found an Attolini jacket once that had only the store tag visible on the lining; the "Sartoria Attolini" tag was inside the pocket. I put it back on the rack because it had a bunch of damage under the arm. Finally decided to pick it up, circled back...and the Attolini tag had been ripped out.I guess someone else was also iffy on the damage, and thought they'd increase their chances of it hanging around til sale time.
TBH, my skills are not quite up to pulling a great shot consistently yet. I've gotten a few, but they've been happy accidents. I've been dealing with a couple issues with my grinder, one of which I still need to have fixed, and getting good espresso without a good grinder dialed in is impossible.
1978 model La Pavoni Europiccola, thrifted for $20. I don't have a full "before" shot, but here it is disassembled. It was in kinda rough shape - tons of scale, built up coffee crud, rust on the base, fossilized gaskets.Here it is, refurbed. I looked into having the boiler rechromed, but it was going to be $$$. So I just polished it and let that be that.
Looks like it may be lost in shipping. Was it insured? Can you file a claim?