or Connect

Posts by Ttailor

The danger of internet advice! I didn't say to take out the CB, and I am not sure what else to say for fear of it being misinterpreted.I bet it is a shoulder issue. The fix is possible in a couple of ways but your best bet is to take it to them in person. Indicate the area you have concern about and see if they can fix it. They made it, so one assumes they would be able to fix it.
CB is centre back.I did not specifically say I thought the shoulders are too square for your frame, i think the general interpretation of that paints a different picture in most people's minds. The tension line is mid shoulder.The back shoulder seam may have too much of a hollow to it, your upper shoulder/ blade might be more full than average and the jacket does not account for it. Speaking as a patternmaker It made me think of two possibilites to fix what I...
What I noticed is a very slight tension across the very upper back which terminates mid shoulder.The shoulder seam may be slightly too hollow or straight there for your particular shoulder shape/ slope/body type.Or, maybe you do need a very marginal lengthening of the cb, and neck point, which would be blended down to the original shoulder point. In other words more shoulder slope by raising the cb rather than lowering at the shoulder point.Likely a moot point though in...
Reply for The Dirk Return it. Try a size up or two, or a different brand/cut. It is much too tight, pretty much everywhere. Trousers are much too narrow at hem, and it doesn't look proportionally balanced.
Shawl collars always have a seam at the Cb neck. The cb neck seam usually ends up on the bias or close to it, so there will be a visual chevron of the grosgrain weave at that seam.
Well that is good to know, but my opinion has been based on the rtw suits that have come my way for alterations and i have not seen the inlays that you mention.
It is understandable when one sees something that is too tight to offer this advice, but in reality, there is no extra fabric available to let out.Most manufactured suits have 1/4" or 1cm seam allowances. Better to try a size up or a different style, brand or cut.Trousers at CB are really the only part of the suit with an allowance to let out.
If the holes already exist, then shortening at the hem will likely leave you with an odd situation with holes too close to the new hem.Shortening from the top that much especially in a patterned fabric is likely to throw off any pattern matching of sleeve to body, and may not be successfult to size the new sleeve position to existing armhole size.Try to find a jacket with non functioning sleeve buttonholes is a better way to go.
No you don't need to take anything out of the waist. I cannot see why you would think that because it is too tight. Try a size up if possible and compare.It is too bad that the generally the cut of trousers these days is so terrible. I don't know if going bigger will improve them, maybe, but I think it is the base pattern being used that is way off, and this is prevalent across many brands.
Well, I wonder what the back looks like.If the back is sitting perfectly, then the fix is to drop the neck point thereby adding length, but it is unlikely that there will be enough seam allowance left in a finished jacket to do so.