or Connect

Posts by Ttailor

Oh yes I did.
I will comment on the waistcoat only.The waistcoat has a serious balance issue. You can see that the neckpoint is pulling, there are diagonal drags in the chest and the waist placement does not reflect or fit where your waist is. Too much "air" between the garment and your body.The shoulders should be opened and the fronts let down to where it will sit better on the body. Is there a dart in the front? If not you could use one, but if the pockets are in then it is too...
Sorry, the tailors you have taken it to are correct. So many problems in so many places, that you would be better off starting from scratch. Too tight in the upper back, waist and hip, causing the whole jacket to ride up as the too tight hip attempts to migrate to the waist, looks like some lateral balance issue on the shoulder and the lack of ease at the cross back/blade is distorting the upper sleeve. It is unlikely that there is enough inlay to let the jacket out...
I don't usually bother commenting but ... Pictures are really dark and hard to see details, but it looks like the fronts are short and backs too long, so its a balance issue. I really don't know why the sleeves hang so badly-i suspect it is the pattern shape, too narrow in the top crown of the sleeve, pulling in and distorting, but not sure why they are lumpy all the length. As I said , too dark to see details. I don't like to see the peak of the lapel above the...
You're welcome. I know it doesn't solve anyone's specific problems but maybe it will help in general.
Shirt fitting woes! I have been reading about your concerns for a while but have refrained from posting since you have a few tailors who offer their observations already. As a pattern maker and tailor,  I am going to comment on some of common shirt fitting issues that seem to occur.  The shirt as a garment was designed to be loose fitting. As such, the pattern pieces reflect this. The shirt is not a fitted bodice. There are limitations in the standard shirt pattern to...
They may be for a slip vest. Not sure of the proper terminology, but a strip of fabric, usually white or cream that buttoned into the vest that extends slightly beyond the vest edge.