or Connect

Posts by 0nortled

Additional pics Tag Cuff detail Pocket detail Elbow detail Inner tag Jacket interior
Quote: Originally Posted by kubrick couldn't find much info on this jacket other than pictures.. is the jacket lined? waterproof? any interior pockets? Thanks! The interior of the jacket is fully lined and there are no interior pockets. It does not appear to be waterproof. The external pockets are unlined and, like the cuffs, have velcro closures. I will post some additional pictures later tonight. Please let me know if there is a...
Just received this item in the mail from Japan and, unfortunately, it's too small for me. Looking for $400 shipped in CONUS. PM or email deltron0@gmail.com you're interested or have any questions. Measurements Pit-to-pit: 21" Back: 27" Arm length: 21.5" (used following to arrive at measurements: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/size-guide)
so i bot a suit from brooks bros factory store last friday. it's a black 3 button jacket with flat front pants from their 346 line. i made some compromises at the time of purchase that i figured i'd take care of at the tailor (jacket length a little long and pants a little baggy). i decided to check out some other retailers in the loop (nordstrom rack, filene's, macy's) and i didn't really see anything in my size (which is actually a 40l). i was passing an h&m and...
i work for a financial firm and the holiday party is a somewhat formal affair. i figured i could get away with getting a dark suit and use the shirt/tie/socks to connote the mood (festive or somber). i would be surprised if i wore the suit >5 times over the next few years. anyways, thanks for the suggestions. i will definitely look into some of them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Thick as Thieves. need the suit to be ready in 2 weeks.
Quote: Originally Posted by mbc If you only have $500 for a suit, I'd split it $300-$350 for the suit and $150-$200 for a really good tailor, personally. Don't know where you live, but you should be able to pick up a decent suit from a Nordstrom Rack or Saks Off 5th (or other higher-end outlet store), and a great tailor will make it look like it was made just for you. i live in chicago and there's a nordstrom rack near my job, i didn't see...
Quote: Originally Posted by bici for that budget range, you have a lot of options. but first, what's your body type? do you know your suit size? that's a good starting point since different designers/companies are better suited for fitting certain body types than others. i'm 6'2" ~195 lbs. wear a 42l.
i am in need of a suit and shoes that i can use for an annual work-related holiday party and occasionally attending funerals. i don't want to spend a lot on these items because i will rarely, if ever, use them outside those contexts. i would like to get something that is contemporary and won't become dated for a few yrs. budget is ~400-500 for suit and 150-200 for shoes. i thought i had the shoes taken care of, i ordered some from the barney's sale but when they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ritchee there's always this from LE, lots of colors available and it's not expensive. http://www.landsend.com/pp/DownVest-..._MERCH=PAGE_62 i like the LE vests, but am looking for something without the quilted pattern. Quote: Originally Posted by robin Most down vests under $100-150 will be about the same quality I think, so I'd just go with something like the LE's in this situation. You...