or Connect

Posts by AMProf

There's a small literature in organizational sociology/organizational behavior on dress in organizations, but it mostly focuses on social identity and/or organizational culture issues. Probably one of the best known articles is by Pratt and Rafaeli: https://www.jstor.org/stable/256951?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents , and Anat Rafaeli has a few others. Not exactly what you're looking for, but there's a little bit out there.
Question: patterns on shirt and jacket OK? Or too close in scale?
This could get tough on my wallet.....all of this walking distance from my office.
Seems legit.
Newish purchase. Very happy with it.
Brooks Brothers at Stony Point is my go to when I have a specific need and short time frame. No reason to ever pay full price there though, just watch the BB thread here for sales info. Nordstroms in Short Pump fills a similar need. I love browsing at Ledbury downtown, their jackets are great, but a little pricey. Peter Blair and Beecroft and Bull are great for window shopping but you'll experience some sticker shock as well. One you get comfortable knowing your...
Oh come on now neighbor. Once June hits you want nothing to do with a tweed look around here. Linen or linen blends are where its at-- will provide the texture you want from tweed but more seasonally appropriate.
Not a thrift find, but a purchase made possible with thrift/discount finds and flips. Cashmere socks yo.
I don't often encounter "overdressed" in terms of someone in a Brioni suit, Lobb shoes and a Rolex. Honestly that's kind of hard to spot in the field, even for someone who reads SF and has an interest in clothes (except for the watch, but I've never seen a student with a Rolex....but I work at a mid tier public school ya know). Its more "damn, that's a nice looking suit", but I'm not sophisticated enough to be able to distinguish among very high end brands just from...