or Connect

Posts by b1os

Entourage. Sorta binge-watched the first three seasons in the past few days. Good stuff.
Notification emails (thumbs ups) are only working like 50% of the time.
Decent. A bit "overripe" and slightly unbalanced acidity. The grapes probably weren't overripe, it just tastes a bit overripe. Rolland & Galarreta Ribera del Duero 2010. Also slightly overripe. Bold. Alcohol (14.5%) not too well-integrated. Just ok imo.
Spaghetti ajo e ojo (raw version). Lots of garlic, lots of chili. Sometimes this is all you need. Ottolenghi's zucchini fritters with sour cream/lime/coriander/cardamom sauce. Good overall but the fritters are very light in taste and get easily dominated by the sauce. Maybe I'm gonna add some cinnamon and cumin to the fritters next time.
Rob Roy 6 cl JW Black 2.5-3 cl Martini Gran Lusso 1 dash Angostura's Affinity 6 cl JW Black 3 cl Martini GL 3 cl Dolin Dry 2 dashes Angostura's Both with a lemon twist. Not sure which I prefer. Both are good. But I prefer a sweet vermouth with more body (Cocchi Torino, for example) with these cocktails.
Miles Davis at Newport: 1955-1975 https://open.spotify.com/album/10w9yWdQOPbgIG0EKUf1ak
Lots of Negronis, Martinis, G&Ts, Cuba Libres and beer over the past few days. Also tried tonic water (homemade) with aged Cuban rum. Very nice too. Really highlights the rum flavors. Edit: Page 1000 (in standard view).
Very green & resinous. Too green for my taste. Also pretty green & resinous. Decent/good. Quite fruity with some honey note. My favorite of the three. So far, I far prefer the stouts/porters of To Ol. This is great. Great texture, super balanced, very creamy foam. And nice to look at after the hard poor. I've had one or two milk stouts before which I didn't really like. This one, I can recommend to pretty much anyone.
Gotta keep this thread alive.. Tomatoes, onions, feta, basil, olive oil Spinach & caramelized hazelnuts Rigatoni with zucchini batons sweated in olive oil with garlic, ricotta & Parmigiano, basil. Lots of pepper. I love this. Frittata with sweated fennel/carrot/celery/onion, chorizo, feta, basil Frittata with sweated fennel/carrot/celery/onion/French beans, chorizo, some crisped mango/curry tofu, basil, tomatoes. Didn't have enough eggs left so I stretched it...
Yeah. There'll also be a small tasting event with the dude from To Ol here in the end of August, plus a "tap takeover" at the hosting bar with 10 To Ol beers on tap (hopefully something like Goliath, Liquid Confidence/Confidential etc will be among them).