or Connect

Posts by b1os

First time that I made a "real" Penicillin cocktail. Piob-sized (4 oz of Scotch all together) cause I wanted to use up all ginger juice, which was a pita to make. I used acacia honey, not linden (lime tree?) honey, so flavours don't muddle. JW Black as a base (yeah, some smoke in there already..) and Ardbeg 10 as the float. Very delicious. The ginger is still pretty aggressive though. I figure quite a few people won't like this drink, if only due to a sensitive stomach....
Happy new year, guys! Really good. Crisp, a bit toasty, lots of citrus and green apple. Definitely a saline finish, assertive but balanced acidity. Definitely recommended. Also had a glass of Moet. Vile in comparison. Unbounded acidity.
Better.
I love Martini Gran Lusso. Think of a more complex, bitter and refined Martini Rosso. Quite a bit of menthol though too. But aside from the menthol on the lighter-ish side. Really great in a Negroni or neat, for example. My fourth bottle is empty now. Not sure how many there are left cause it was a limited release (some years ago, lol). I'll have to revisit the Star of Bombay. Fromt what I recall, it's a good/very good London dry gin.. but I wouldn't pay full retail for it.
Beurre d'Échiré for 2.70 €.
Too much over the past few days. A variety of Negronis. Star of Bombay, The Botanist, Tanqueray Ten, .. Martini Gran Lusso and La Quintinye rouge. Clyde Common Egg nog Lots of Cuba Libres with the rums I've recently bought. The Last Word. Flor de Jerez (although slightly adopted). Manhattan. Rum Manhattan. Etc I'll give my opinions on the rums and Star of Bombay later this year (or next, lol). I'm not that big a fan of the La Quintinye rouge as a mixer. Very big on...
Pasta alla puttanesca Spaghetti w/ Beurre d'Échiré & Parmigiano Yesterday: Pheasant legs alla cacciatora (adapted from Hazan's recipe for chicken alla cacciatora, basically just deboned pheasant legs, dredged in flour and seared in olive oil, removed from the pan, then added some thinly slied onions, some sliced carrots and celery sticks, garlic, tomato paste, white wine, reduced, added chopped tinned tomatoes, s&p, the pheasant and simmered) Greens cooked in olive...
Both nice and have that "Campanian" white wine taste. Relatively easy to drink but at the same time a bit complicated too. Pronounced minerality. The Falanghina was more balanced overall imo. Quite rich and concentrated for a Gavi di Gavi. Quite a bit of minerality. Lively acidity. Good value too. Very oaky, but apparently most Aglianicos are (although this one is a cuvée)? Pretty good overall. Beautiful wine. Oaky, bold, firmish tannins, could use a few more...
It's Le Catal (not Cantal). Raw goat milk.