or Connect

Posts by b1os

A bunch of stuff over the past few days. Ottolenghi's braised eggplant with minced lamb meat, cinnamon, etc. Summer veggies cooked in butter & olived oil (fennel, carrots, roasted red & white beets, french beans, fave, parsley, onion, white radish, kohlrabi) Fennel, celery, parsley, grapefruit salad Caprese Tomato, onion, basil, feta salad A few other assorted salads Bruschetta Zucchini battons cooked in olive oil with garlic; basil; ricotta; Parmigiano & pasta Red &...
Very nice, actually. It capturates the delicate flavours and often kinda harsh acidity of Provence rosés and blends it with the full rich meatiness of Tavel rosés. This is the 2014 release. Very nice. Very good qpr (I got this for 12 €). First wine from Mallorca I've had. Thanks, @erictheobscure (iirc, it was you, who recommended it). First impressions were "Burgunder" (from Germany) blended with Syrah. And surely enough, it features 15% Syrah. Nice too (also from...
Awesome post.Yeah, I kinda didn't like the few rye beers (IPA/PA) I've had so far. Granted, I've tried very few. One from Westbrook (aside from One Claw), one from another brewery, one from Lervig. The One Claw was very nice though despite being 11 months old, so I'm still open-minded about rye beers.
I had a can of Westbrook One Claw & Westbrook IPA. Both delicious, but sadly (very) old. Also had a bottle of Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout. Really smooth.
Sycomore today. I always like it. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I just enjoy it. Today I just enjoyed it.
^Sure thing. Lots of DJ sets, the new Dr. Dre album and now Mulatu Astatke's Ethiopiques Vol. 4 (Ethio Jazz 1969-1974). Great stuff.
No. You should typeCode:[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUNJNFum-U[/video]. [[SPOILER]]
They changed it. The "old" one had an age statement (18), the "new" one doesn't have an age statement (and is called Gold Label Reserve). This happened 2-3 years ago or so--so you probably knew it? I guess @indesertum meant that the Platinum is supposed to be the successor to the Gold 18, which makes sense since it also has an 18 year age statement.You can still get the Gold 18 for relatively reasonable prices though. I can get it for 50 €, I think.
Stocked up on some gin for the summer (G&Ts with homemade tonic). 1L Gin Mare (31.50 €) 1L G'Vine Floraison (34.50 €) 1L Blue Gin (Austria, 29.50 €) 1L regular Martin Miller's (23.50 €) also 1L Tito's (24.95 €) 0.7L Flor de Cana 12 (17.50€) I love ordering from Helgoland. Such cheap prices.
Where did the Chateau d'Yquem 2006 go?