or Connect

Posts by b1os

Stocked up on some daily drinkers:3x each of Goslarer Gose & Ritterguts Gose1x each of Heidenpeters' American Pale Ale, IPA German Style, Thirsty Lady Blonde Ale, German Stout; BrewBaker Berliner Nacht Imperial Stout.Tomorrow, the Braufest in Berlin starts.Breweries present: [[SPOILER]] Really looking forward to it. Not sure if I can motivate anyone to come with me, but I'll go nonetheless. Planning to hit up: Ale-Mania (for some delish Gose on tap), Stone Brewing, Evil...
Since when is drinking green coffee a thing? Some online "craft roaster" (owned by a relatively large company) now sells green coffee. 150 g for fucking 7 €. The roasted version is actually less expensive. Edit: Ok, apparently Starbucks already had this in 2012. Still absolutely ridiculous to sell green beans for a higher price than roasted beans.
Netflix is intereted to take over producing Black Mirror.
Finally found some Stichelton last week. I've been looking for it since it was mentioned here 3 years ago or so. It's very good.
^ This developed nicely over the past 2.25 years sitting in the cabinet.
Negroni w/ Martini Gran Lusso, The Botanist & grapefruit twist. This is what heaven tastes like.
I really dig it. Sharon van Etten vibe (they're friends too). Concert in June for 14 €, tickets already bought.
Concentrated beer can be very good though (Eisbock, for example)! Last 2-3 weeks or so: Meh. The West Coast IPA is alright. The other stuff from Ratsherrn is pretty boring. Their "limited editions/microbrews" are good though (mostly brewed by Ian Pyle). Not my type. Very nice! (also a gusher) Also pretty damn good. Should've kopped more of these at 1.79 € / bottle. Wow. Really good, lovely cofee notes, but a tad too hot (12 %). Heidenpeters makes good...
Indeed.
I've always been using the technique that was advocated here a few years ago. Score the skin, cook skin-side down without fat on very low heat until the skin is crisped, crank the heat up, cook on the flesh side for like 30 seconds, remove from pan, let rest, make some sort of sauce by deglazing the fond with whatever you want to. I frequently remove the rendered fat but I'm not sure whether it's necessary. Comes out very good every time.