or Connect

Posts by b1os

When the pasta dough slightly rips at the edges when rolling it out, what does it mean? Too dry? I've used around 200g 00 flour/2 eggs/some olive oil, as per Matt's suggestion, and applied Marcella's method. Also, I guess, it's better to close the window when preparing pasta dough, right?
I've had fantastic housemade gherkins/sour pickled cornichons at a Deli in Berlin (Mogg & Melzer), along with some great cole slaw and Reuben sandwich. The chicken liver brulée is fantastic too. And the bread! I also have to admit that I haven't really tried conserved mayonnaise. I've had the Kraft Miracel Whip stuff, some other Kraft, Knorr and Thomy stuff. None were really good. My favorite is probably Mc Donald's mayonnaise (not kidding) produced by Develey. Those...
Fair enough. I can't source any good buns, so the difference to homemade ones is tremendous. For mayonnaise, I suppose, one can even prefer the taste of conserved one since it's so different. Anyway, whipping it up is probably quicker than picking up the mayonnaise from said stores.
^Thanks. So you pretty much use TW's method, just inverted, and slightly more water. I've used the dilution-method a few times and wasn't overly happy either. Wasn't too happy with the 17g/240g/120s either, it's too malty/liquoricy.
Also, homemade buns are simple and so delicious. Mayonnaise is also whipped up quickly.
A Y, do you also use the Bonavita when preparing French Press or AeroPress? I figure for those brew methods the small spout is actually a disadvantage since dumping all the water in instantly would be preferred due to better time control, right? Anyway, to all you AeroPress fans, what are your favorite AeroPress brew methods? I've mostly used Tim Wendelboe's 14g/200g/60s/non-inverted but the methods vary quite a bit, from said TW technique over 17g/240g/120s/inverted to...
Ottolenghi's lamb shawarma (from Jerusalem) sandwich. Yummylicious.
They say it's supposed to be icecold. They recommend the freezer after opening. I'm pretty sure it's because of the carbonation since low temperature liquids can keep more bubbles. Anyway, it's open now. Interesting beer. Classic golden abbey beer taste with a prominent ginger/pear note. Perlage is definitely far more noticeable than in other beers, but not close to Champagne.
^Nice! It's delicious. I'll have the Deus later today. It's in the freezer right now... is it really best at 2°C? That's what the label says... or is it supposed to be drunk that cold solely because of the carbonation?
Seems like they've changed it earlier this year. http://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2014/02/the-botanist-gin-launches-new-bottle-design-in-travel-retail/