or Connect

Posts by b1os

I've recently bought Edmond Fallot's cider vinegar. That stuff is fantastic.Had fried noodles last night. Linguine, sriracha, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, chicken, bok choy, carrots, soybean sprouts.Basically the same for lunch today, without linguine but with red/black quinoa (just noticed that it expired a few months ago; still tastes good though), thai basil, coriander, mint, mangetout. Tastes great.
http://open.spotify.com/user/qotsaofficial/playlist/4gCvmw4STFQy65cU5iJBwX [[SPOILER]]
Negronis, some La Bota de Manzanilla °32 and a bottle of Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop IPA while watching the Oscars.
Do you have the Matusalem (blend of Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez)? It's great. The Palo Cortado (Apóstoles) is very nice too. As is the Pedro Ximénez (Noé).
It's nice. Just very dry. (just to clarifiy, that's not a bad thing, that's just what amontillado is.. I prefer other styles)
Drank so much beer the past few weeks. The Riedenbubrger Brauhaus/Kreativbrauerei Kehrwieder (basically Hamburg's best, and one of Germany's best, microbreweries) Feuchter Traum (wet hop) was far better than the Crew Republic Experimental 1.1 wet hop beer. Less "bubble gum-y" but still the characteristic wet hop taste. I've also had Sierra Nevada's Harvest and Celebration IPA, both wet/fresh hop, both very good. The current batch of Kehrwieder's Prototyp, a cold hop...
Actually, the use by date is usually roast date + some static time period X, so you can deduct the roast date. In Germany, it's 6, 12 or 24 months, so you have to know what they use. [note: it might be packaging date + X for large-scale operations, but I guess the coffee gets packed within a day]
What were your favorites?
Mostly laziness.