or Connect

Posts by FIHTies

Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy You really need to button the bottom two buttons on it for the right fit. But why not have it taken in at a tailor? The fit looks good. More important than buttoning the bottom two buttons, as its a DB coat, button the inner button that will pull the inner part of the coat to the right place and not have the button pulling as it is in your picture. You have to first button the inside button then the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol When EG becomes an affiliate, we will have arrived. Quote: Originally Posted by Strawfut or when this Mafooman fellow buys his next breast pocket wallet from Eric Glennie. We have arrived when a noob with less than 40 posts refers to mafoo as "this mafooman fellow" Sigh.
Should be able to get some help on the topic somewhere in here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Well, officially, I do believe the Church considers these folks heretics. The term "cafeteria" refers to one's ability to go down the food line and pick and choose what food one desires, assuming one will not desire the entire catalog of foods available. These Catholics, just like I would submit most people of any religion do, pick and chose which Catholic dogma/rules to follow and which to reject. Divorce,...
Today for about 3 hours there was a sanitation truck parked on my corner. The two workers were out of the truck shoveling walkways at intersections of about 8-12 corners. What a bad use of resources, to have a plow truck parked while the fellows are out shoveling.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire If those who know don't talk, how do they teach those that do not? How did they come to know in the first place, if the past generation that knew would not talk? Mystical revelation? (Serious question). See the Mishna in the first chapter in Chagiga that covers this very question. Or call me and we can review it over the phone. (Before or After Shabbos). Its Toll Free. :-)
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Here is the OU translation of the 13 principles of faith: [url]My sister and I actually had a conversation about this last week. I never understood it to mean that anyone would be reincarnated before the coming of Moshiach - but she said she thinks that each Jewish soul returns for life in the material world many times before the time of Moshiach. This translation seems to support my...
Quote: Originally Posted by eztantz although if I may say, most of the literature on souls, afterlife and reincarnation is of kabbalistic nature and at best understood by few. Ahhh...Yet discussed on a Public Forum by all who wish. Gotta love the irony in that, no? Nachmanadies mentions in the beginning of Genesis a concept basically translated as "those who know dont talk and those who talk, dont know." I prefer not to talk even as I dont...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I thought the discussion was about generations within a family, not for the overall jewish population. I understood that in the discussion as well. Great Signature BTW!
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I'd rather that my kids stayed part of the Jewish religion, but at a relatively low key level. Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I agree. As I said, I'm following the same approach. Eventually this gets diluted to the point that there is nothing left. Which you both might be fine with, just dont be shocked or surprised if and when this happens. (I am not challenging...