or Connect

Posts by FCS

Hi folks, hoping to solicit quick opinions on what some of the best irons out there are. Initially I was inclined to purchase the Rowenta Pro Master but was put off by many negative reviews on the quality consistency. I would prefer to have my iron as heavy as possible as it helps the ironing significantly. Many thanks.
Hiya folks, would anyone be able to recommend a good tailor there other than these two? I will only order trousers, not suits, so a tailor above average should be able to cater to the job. I would really prefer to use Dung but they mention that, due to Lunar New Year coming, it would take three weeks to do five trousers while I only have two weeks. Cao Minh seems to be rather pedestrian considering the prices and the reputation, based on what I read from previous forum...
That is the Michael Bruno, I seconded that his works are top-notch. Hand-stitched canvassing (the biggest job of all, you should see the crowfeet stitches), sleevehead, collar, buttonholes, etc. The trousers has more machine-made construction, which I really don't give much fuzz about. His 'preferred' cut is a somewhat constructed look, but he can do soft tailoring, he did a pretty good spalla camicia sleevehead for me and all my shoulders have minimal padding. CMT price...
Can the forum's Singapore residents confirm Joe's Tailor location in Singapore? Searches in Google gave me a rather conflicting information: are they located in the Fuji Xerox Tower, Tiong Bahru, or Golden Shoe complex? Or perhaps they have shops in all three locations? If so, which location would be the best to go to (best fitter, attention to details, etc)? The discussion that I saw from previous postings (but it was from 2006 or so) mentioned that they're located in...
Hello folks, I'm hoping to solicit some design inspiration for a shirt jacket here. I am looking for something elegant while looking relaxed - the key word is relaxed and not so much casual. I am thinking of no patch pockets and no breast pocket, while having a 'shirt-collar' instead of a 'lapel collar'. I have a cheapo shirt jacket that is similar to this from my university days in Australia (from David Jones, I think), but for the life of me I can't find it...
Quote: Originally Posted by ktrp I don't believe this. I might if you cough up this tailor's name and rough address. Michael Bruno in Mississauga, phone no 905-566-9055. His price is certainly not 'cheap', but for sure a good value given the high quality that he does. You'll still pay more than going to the top-end tailors in HK, but the quality should also be a few notches better. I only do CMT with him (I always do extra pants will...
I realised that there might be a tradeoff between quality and timeline, however the total manhours to make a suit with substantial handworks is maybe 5-8 hours, depending on the amount of handworks vs machine. At least that's what my tailor in Toronto told me and he does most of his suit constructions by hand (hand-stitched canvas, sleevehead, collars, buttonholes, among other things), and he is a one-man shop in his basement. If I still live in Toronto I would simply go...
Only have limited time and would be curious to explore. I'll be able to go back and forth for every fitting promptly. Would any of the usual reputed tailors that you guys are familiar with be able to accommodate?
Resurrecting an older thread. Svenn, did you bring your own 21oz cloth or did Gordon Yao have it in stock? I'm curious if most HK tailors have access to these heavyweight fabrics. Btw, is that a P&B Universal navy cloth or something else? Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn Thought this thread finally needed a pic, these aren't the best, but here's a Yao suit in 21 oz Huddersfield with WW Chan shirt. Both fitted in HK. Area below the waist...
One more thing, do you know if Iris can do spalla camicia sleevehead for the suit jacket? I just like to get a subtle, not pronounced, rippling effect. http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/211...cia56gk9vs.jpg