or Connect

Posts by lemmy127

For sale is a pair of Ray-Ban New Wayfarer sunglasses with a light tortoise frame. They are size 52 mm. I bought them in 2014 but haven't worn them at all because they are too small for my face. These will ship via USPS Two-Day Priority Mail to anywhere in the United States. I'm not certain of where the case for them are, but I'll include it if I find it between now and the sale. No returns will be accepted.
For sale are a pair of black grain calfskin Allen Edmonds MacNeils. These are size 13B and on the 7-97 last. I bought these used in the spring of 2015. I’ve worn them probably 20 times, and I’m selling because I no longer want a second pair of black dress shoes. There’s still some life left in them before a resole would be needed. The shoes will be shipped via USPS Priority Two-Day anywhere in the United States. Returns will not be accepted. Shoe box, shoe trees, and shoe...
For sale are a pair of navy museum calfskin double monks from Meermin Linea Maestro. These are size 11.5UK and on the Elton last. I bought these as part of a GMTO in the summer of 2015 for just about $300 with shipping, duties, and fees included. I’ve worn them only two or three times, so I’m selling since they’re collecting dust in my closet. The shoes will be shipped via USPS Priority Two-Day anywhere in the United States. Returns will not be accepted. Shoe box, shoe...
For sale are a pair of black calfskin leather Peal & Co. Perforated Captoes from Brooks Brothers. These are size 13B, were manufactured by Crockett & Jones on the 240 last, and retail at $648. I bought these new in the summer of 2014. I’ve worn them probably half a dozen times, and I’m only selling because I’d prefer a plain captoe oxford rather than a quarter brogue. With this little wear, they have tons of life left before a resoling would be needed. The shoes will be...
For sale are a pair of walnut brown calfskin leather Alden cap-toe bluchers. These are size 12.5B, model number 972, and on the Aberdeen last. I bought these used a few months ago. I’ve worn them two times, and I’m only selling because they don’t fit me well. They were resoled with a Vibram sole by the previous owner, and there’s tons of life left in them before a resole would be needed. The shoes will be shipped via USPS Priority Two-Day anywhere in the United States....
For sale are a pair of burgundy shell cordovan Allen Edmonds Leeds. These are size 13C and I’m not certain of the last (although the shape suggests that it isn’t the current Leeds’ 1-511 last). These retail brand new for $690 and a leather soled version of seconds quality retails for $529. I bought these used in the summer of 2014 and immediately had Allen Edmonds recraft them with a Dainite sole. I’ve worn them probably 15-20 times, and that lack of wear over two years...
This is bicycle toe stitching...Here's AE's only bicycle toe shoe offering at the moment...You see nothing but bad things about it because it's ugly as all hell. I don't even believe that's a subjective opinion. Very, very few people find them aesthetically pleasing.
I'm looking into buying a tuxedo on eBay for a gala my wife and I will have in the future. I found one that I think is perfect, except for one possible thing; it has a subtle pattern to the fabric. Here's a few photos... Is this a deal-breaker for proper black tie? It's the closest thing to following the blacktieguide.com guidelines that I've found so far that isn't out of my price range. At this point in time, the rest of the dinner jacket options have center...
Like you said, to each their own, but a recraft by AE or a resole by a cobbler that does things the right way (like B. Nelson) will completely negate this concern. The cork gets replaced and flattened out.
Bourbon was too expensive of a color. Its inconsistency and striping led to way too many seconds. I love the color, but completely understand why they dumped it. It wasn't profitable enough to keep.