or Connect

Posts by feastmaster

A day at the Races: I realize that the jacket is standing away from me. I didn't really get it into alignment.
I will be a guest at a wedding on Labor Day weekend. It's on Sunday at 6pm. I am 98% sure it will not be formal, although the setting is a fancy hotel. I know I will be wearing a white shirt and black shoes. I have a couple ties in mind. I guess I should go with a charcoal or light grey suit? Maybe I answered my own concerns?
Wooo! My gunmetal Rivet Chinos came today. This is my first pair and I'm suprised at how soft the fabric is. I hope this is the first of many Epaulet trousers for me. One more thing, (this is old news, but can't be said enough) from talking to Matt on the phone prior to my purchase and the note on the flier in the package today, my experience ordering online was fantastic. We kind of don't have nice things in Philly. I can't wait to start wearing the Rivets. Thanks, Epaulet.
I have a question - Earlier this week I was talking with the SA I always go to at my local Brooks Brothers and he had some troubling news. He said that he cannot apply percentage off coupons on clearance items. Is this the case? He has a new manager who called him out on it.
Posted from the PSA thread: For Philadelphia Styleforum people - The Marshalls in Springfield (DelCo) has a lonesome pair of brown Bally double monks, size 11 1/2 for $162. They're in great shape - no box. I'm sorry I don't have any pics. If you're in the area, it might be worth it to check it out.
For Philadelphia Styleforum people - The Marshalls in Springfield (DelCo) has a lonesome pair of brown Bally double monks, size 11 1/2 for $162. They're in great shape - no box. I'm sorry I don't have any pics. If you're in the area, it might be worth it to check it out.
I have come across, "The Doubler," by GANT/MB, which is double breasted blazer, for a solid deal. It's not the one from this year. I'm hesitant to buy it because it's not full cut; think cropped. What is the SF group think on such an item? Thanks!
Yeah, I have the Riminis as well. The leather finish is completely gone on a narrow strip on the toe box (right in the front). I've only worn them like 4 times. Once to work and the other couple times to church. I'll have to send AE a message. Other than that, I like my West Chesters. They hold up well.
Here's a dumb/lazy question I suppose. How do Brooks Brother's Black Fleece dress shirts fit? For the record, I am rather slim. I'm about 5'10 - 140lbs. Will they be blousey? I am looking at the BB1 size, which is 15 neck. Thanks.
I currently work in the college setting and sat in a few interview presentations for the Dean of Graduate Studies. Every candidate said that the undergrad degree is the new high school diploma and the graduate degree is the new bachelor's degree. I was astounded to hear this. I feel sorry for kids today who are incurring large amounts of debt and have no idea what they want to do when they graduate. Grad school is definitely not for everyone (and so is college) and a...