Posts by FrankCowperwood

I like that. Fabric looks textured. Is it seersucker (which I would be more than fine with... )?
Well, you're abso-doodily-lutely right about that. Seems I have some egg on the ol' face from not actually clicking through on the google search-orino there!Could have sworn it was Moe though. I think maybe he's in the scene too.And yes, same boots from the Artisanal thread.@zxcvbn cat sneaking out of that second photo...
There's a Moe Szyslak quote that I've found useful on many occasions and I think it applies well here: "Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things."
So you were right about the size you needed then as I recall. That's good.Fabric definitely softens up nicely with wear.It's funny, if I have one complaint about Big John it's the selvedge detail on the coin pocket. It's one of those things that seems unnecessary to me. Similar feeling about that as you have about the patch I guess. I do like the patch leather (better than jeans that have to put a super thick piece back there), but it is most definitely not tonal.
About $660 for these. There's a one-time MTO fee of 158 Euros built into that. Though they do charge that per last, so if I get something on a different shape I pay that again.
Oh, I don't doubt it's much more than a difference of degree. But my chances of visiting a place like you describe are slim to none, while it's mainly a matter of actually getting out of the house to visit one of our local imitations, pale though they may be.
I can do that.Easy.All done by email (even sent in measurements by email, which some shoemakers don't like, but they were fine with). I think they got the sizing down pretty well for my taste. Haven't worn them around much yet, of course.Payment by PayPal. Shoes were ready in about a month and shipped by TNT, arriving within 5 working days.They seem to be quite flexible. I was able to ask for some antiquing on the leather which turned out well enough (and I got photos...
I need to get out and find one of these places. There seem to be quite a few I drive by in various secondary commercial strips around Chicago. I mean we even have a big shopping center with a Korean spa and an H-Mart right next to the Home Depot. Pretty much everything you need.
Boots are in. Fit is pretty good. Maybe a touch short for me give the toe shape. Not really sure how to expect side zips to fit, so will wear them around and see how they feel.They did a nice job picking out the leather. I just said, brown and soft, and I like what I got. I asked them to put some green antiquing on top of the brown leather mainly because I could. I am also pleased with how that worked out. Very pleased overall with the experience. The company is very easy...
Quasi-Artisanal Streetwear Boots, in so much as they are side zips and I attribute my interest in side zips to the boots I see here.These are from Rosznyai. [[SPOILER]]