or Connect

Posts by this-justin

Hey folks, Selling these almost brand new Air Jordan 1 Retros in size 13.5. I've worn these to work in an office environment for 3 days. The first day was to test out the size over the whole day. They seemed a little too small. The second day was a second opinion test of the size. I was pretty certain they were slightly too small. I didn't touch them for the next few days, and finally did a third test to confirm, yes, I needed a larger size. Now I have 14s and they're...
Hi guys. I'm selling my essentially brand new Norse Projects ELKA parka. Size XL. Color is called "mustard." My friend has one from a season or two ago called "butterscotch" and it's the same color. It's more or less a warm khaki color. I've tried it on about 4-5 times and that's it, realizing that a Large fits me better (which I also own and wear often). I ordered this directly from Norse Projects, and instead of shipping back overseas and paying for shipping, I thought...
Nice job on the updates. Thanks for putting in the work!
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker Btw, I'm a member at Typophile and while it's more elegant, it's not that much different. Granted, there are no heavy bars dividing posts, the Georgia face is nicer to read, and the avatars are cooler, but it's not miles ahead. Agreed; which is a great argument, actually, in favor of elevating sf's visual presentation. Even some seemingly little things here and there could make significant...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles If you can point to forums that are better designed, go ahead, but comparing a vBulletin board to a regular website is as fruitless as comparing apples to oranges. Here are three very straightforward forum examples that I think are better designed. Click through a few levels on each to get a sense of things... Typophile Stones Throw Records Australian INfront Now, I don't mean to say that sf...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy The design of those websites are dead... I respectfully disagree, but I can't wait to see the new system and format for this site then! Any idea when it might get implemented?
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Looks like any other vbulletin site (actually it looks a lot better than many of them). This is good because people are familiar with how vbulletin sites work, and every layer of customization you add on top of the vbulletin software gives you another place for the site to break or run into performance issues (when applying bugfixes and upgrades and such to the core software). Indeed. This, next to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles The reason this site is designed like this is because vBulletin is the preeminent (and best) forum platform available. This site uses vBulletin for its boards. Understood, but the vBulletin website also states that it is design-independent. It can essentially look any way one wants it to using primarily HTML and CSS. I realize it's probably more an issue of time and resources.
yes...
Great, thanks all.