or Connect

Posts by Edward Appleby

Quote: Originally Posted by whodini You see what's happening here? Family values in this country are going down the toilet and it's because of networks like Fox. Saturday morning cartoons are a proven system a thousand years old. There are cartoon roles that need to be filled here, right? Otherwise, kids end up roaming the streets having unprotected sex with multiple partners, sharing needles, and contracting the HIV virus and it's all Fox's fault. You...
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz Shorting should be outlawed as well as options on stocks. NYSE is a joke. They might as well mark all tickers red or black ,so we can bid on them. What about all of the industries that depend on futures for hedging purposes? They need counterparties...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I can't stand Niall Ferguson. He is the worst kind of revisionist. I thought this too because of the whole thing in Empire where he basically concludes by telling America to take up the white man's burden, but my supervisor who specializes in the same area (late/post-colonial history) says that the questionable nature of the broader thrust in his popular histories aside, he is unparalleled as an...
Seems to me that if she was going to bring the situation up at all, it should have been on a personal basis. If she has a limited working relationship with one of the "victims" of her fuckups, she should just apologize and leave it at that. For people that she's on somewhat more familiar terms with, she could bring up the reason for her failures, ala "My father hasn't been well lately", then if people feel it's appropriate they can discuss it further. Either way, a mass...
It sounds to me like the OP doesn't understand the difference between a polite equivocation and an actual promise.
A simplistic answer would be because we pay the government a hell of a lot every year largely to deal with shit like this when it comes up.
Drug tests don't simply keep you from operating delicate machinery while you're under the influence (and besides, drug tests are done in tons of other industries.) They peer into your biological history for the path month or so and reveal what you do in your own time, which is absolutely none of the company's damn business. (I do think court-ordered/probationary drug tests are more acceptable.) If being under the influence of a given drug makes someone so terrible at...
Although baking definitely yields the flattest crispy bacon, I often prefer to cook in a pan because I want to cook something else (usually eggs) in the grease. You can get crispy bacon from most cooking methods if you allow it to cool on a rack. Really almost anything which is supposed to be crisp or have a crust of some kind benefits a great deal from rack cooling.
Quote: Originally Posted by West24 you r teh retard!? I was on a bottle of Australian red, several mixed drinks, a number of Fosters and three of four bowls of really good haze at that point, so pretty much yes. Decided to go for journalistic integrity over glamor in my photography.
This was actually friday: Was my buddy's and my joint birthday party: