or Connect

Posts by Edward Appleby

Yeah I would think there's only a strong onus on you to ask the father's permission if a dowry's involved. Of course I suppose that's what paying for the wedding is nowadays.
I'll give 'em cigs if they ask, but I have kind of a pay it forward attitude about bumming cigarettes. Otherwise my default is to not give anything unless there's some outstanding reason to (good story, particularly wretched looking fellow, etc.) Seeing the panhandlers of Mexico City really pretty much fucks your sympathy for those in the U.S. and Western Europe. In Mexico only the most decrepit or disabled tend to panhandle. In Cambridge, on the other hand, most of...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Chicken thighs are quite common in indian cooking and in Paellas. They're very flavorful and I've never found them unpleasant. A grilled chicken thigh that gets rid of some of the fat is actually very nice. For making a curry, I'd fire the chicken first. I'd defininitely marinate and BBQ them, or at least sear them. Anything to get some color. Many indians will first do their meat in a tandoor, so that's extremely high...
So I had a thing of curry sauce which suggested using chicken thighs, and since I could get like a kg of them for 1.50 I decided to do so despite the fact that I don't like dark meat (cept wings and drumsticks.) Unfortunately, the curry didn't really cover up the stringy oily nature of the thighs (fucking Lloyd Grossman.) Anybody have a good use for them that sort of covers up the less nice ascpects?
Wow, lots of hate. Personally I think his command of the technical aspect of rapping and flowing is pretty self-evident. No, that's not all there is to hip hop music, and the other aspects of his game (cohesive production, actually having something in particular to say) are more variable. I'm usually engaged enough by the wordplay and generally good beats to not particularly mind. Also I find it rather heartening that one of the biggest forces in pop music right now...
It may have sucked for the director of photography, but think how entertaining that must have been for everyone else on set. That was one hell of a hollerin session.
Please update from the road. I've always thought it might be fun (until you got caught) to be on the lam.
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo1824 He has now backed out of actually wrestling...I think his handler's said no way. Well I remember reading an interview where he said that the only stunt work he didn't do for The Wrestler was some of the falls, because he was too old and slow nowadays to do it without hurting himself. Since that's a pretty huge part of pro wrestling, I'm not surprised the insurance company or whoever nixed it.
Well Rourke was an actual fighter for a while in the early 90s.
I think the movie is a study in American cultural archetypes as much as anything. I mean come on, the beer-swilling Ford plant worker war vet is as much of a stereotype as the studious immigrant or inner city decay gangster. The point is that by the end of the movie he's transcended that type (at least a bit.) The problem though is that the actors playing the brother and sister just aren't as good, so their characters don't end the movie particularly more fleshed out than...