or Connect

Posts by jsqfunk

I had a pair of Bass Blucher Mocs a long time ago, and have been looking for a replacement but keep running into problems. The most recent indignity is RL creating the perfect copy, but they put a terrible logo on the heel... my options are attached below, if anyone knows of another company making something like what I am looking for please let me know... any opinions appreciated! My guidelines 1. Made in USA 2. Color should be dark olive/tan (the RL is a perfect...
try a Japanese magazine like Men's Ex or Leon... nothing but page after page of suits, shirts, shoes, etc.
In the USA, at least for large "Fortune 500" type companies, drug tests before you start working are a standard thing. Usually, you interview with a company and if they like you and offer you a job, sometime after the job offer, but before you start working you either go to the company's office and a company employeed nurse gives you a test or you go to a drug testing company like Quest Diagnostics and take a test. In my career (banking), I have never heard of someone...
I have to think any kind of punching bag would be really difficult to pull off in an apartment, unless you are living in some kind of cast iron loft or something. As far as attaching a 100lb bag to a wall, the amount of hardware, and how deep into the wall you would have to anchor it...
Granted, part of point of hitting a heavy bag is the movement of the bag and getting used to hitting a moving target. However, think about having an attachment from the bottom of the bag to the floor like this The bungie cord will keep the bag moving, but not rocking back and forth.
SC1945 Buzz Rickson William Gibson (Black) RRL MIJ Buckleback
Hi Try this, I am assuming that the 8 guys are spread out over the country? So pick a nationwide chain like Men’s Warehouse or Jos A Bank. Go to the store and buy one of the suits you want everyone to wear. Get all the suit info, like model name or id number so everyone can go to their local store and buy the exact same suit. Buy a gift certificate for the amount of each suit and send that out to each guy (maybe write the suit model on the certificate so they can’t...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexus6 Just a thought, but.. Perhaps they declined because putting the shoes back on the last may cause the leather to tear? ..and they didn't want to risk delivering the 'coup des gras' on your shoes? It was surprising more than anything else... like everyone else I have seen the before and after pictures of factory recrafting, I guess I kept the shoes looking good with regular polishing and always using...
just to note, I sent 3 pairs of cordovan Aldens back to the factory to re-craft... 2 pair were returned with notes saying "Due to the following conditions we find that we cannot restore these shoes... Deterioration or excessive wear of upper and/or lining leather." The returned shoes were well worn, but by no means worn out.
GQ, Details, Men's Vogue (RIP) and Esquire are really, really weak when it comes to men's fashion. There is more good stuff in a Men's Ex or Leon before the masthead, then in an entire GQ, etc. However, if you can't read Japanese, you are basically getting a $20 "look book." I saw in another thread, someone suggested that Men's Ex or Leon could/should publish an international version in english... does anyone have any idea how to at least suggest something like this...