or Connect

Posts by Rusty

Try The Corner. They had a few different options from Lardini. Should be able to get one on discount at this point I. The season (maybe even still get a black friday code to work).
Light in the Piazza - Rossano Brazi and George Hamilton (playing his Italian son) look exceptional. The contrast between the fit and cut of their suits is highlighted about halfway through the movie when Barry Sullivan playing an American executive shows up dressed in suits with heavily padded and extended shoulders.
Bloomingdales has a bunch of caruso SJs and suits that are 40% off, but they are doing a presale on an additional 20 or 30% and then stacking a coupon on top of it. A friend of mine bought a suit that msrp at just a little over $2k for around $750. Good selection of fall and winter weight stuff but also some nice shirts and pants.
I actually thought it was pretty good because so many of the suits were actually things you'd get a lot of wear out of and if they were a little bit more out there on the pattern or color spectrum, it was still wearable in most situations. In the past I've often found that most of the stuff at an Isaia sample sale is more appropriate for, say, lounging on a yacht off the coast of Capri.
If you look back at this thread, you'll find that the consensuses seems to be that in past sales they have tended to do a drop on the last day, but not progressive daily drops.
From memory but basically correct: Suits: $895-$995 SC: $795 pocket squares: $25 ties: $65 shirts: $150 ish . . . cant remember what knitwear or pants cost. I think the scarves were $90 or so, but there were only six left this morning.
Cross post from manhattan sales alert thread: Stopped by Isaia sale this morning. Very weak on accessories (hardly any ties, belts, pocket squares or shoes), but tailored clothing seemed to have a pretty good selection. If you are a 38 there's a good selection of suits and sports coats - lots of flannel suits with really nice chalk stripes and window panes. Seemed like, as usual there was no shortage of stuff in 40-42 US as well though I didnt browse as much on that end....
Stopped by Isaia sale this morning. Very weak on accessories (hardly any ties, belts, pocket squares or shoes), but tailored clothing seemed to have a pretty good selection. If you are a 38 there's a good selection of suits and sports coats - lots of flannel suits with really nice chalk stripes and window panes. Seemed like, as usual there was no shortage of stuff in 40-42 US as well though I didnt browse as much on that end. Also, if this is your thing, I noticed at least...
Perhaps they do. One also wonders why they don't serve curry at the Madison Ave shop:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JbRcGWJ3hKESadasue-san has much to answer for.
We were talking about the cardigans and belts and stuff that they had gotten in recently and I asked her if there were plans to bring in jackets or suits. She said that the company takes the line that they want to offer something that the customer can wear as soon as they buy it and that, in the stores in Japan, they can offer a sleeve tailoring for approx $5 (this amount was confirmed with her colleague in Japanese). I received the distinct impression that most or all of...