or Connect

Posts by fkl118

Quote: Were there a large number of Japanese? Apparently one can only buy a specific number of bags there since if they don't impose that the boutiques would run out of merchandise. Omigosh, I now understand what some guy was trying to tell me.... While walking along the street near the LV store, my wife and I were practically accosted by a Japanese man and his family. He tried to tell us, in broken English, that there was a limit of one something or...
I recently came back from a one week vacation in Paris. It was my first time in Paris and besides seeing ALL the touristy places I managed to get a little shopping in. I though I'd share some of my shopping experiences there. The first stop for any tourist shopper is either Printemps or Galeries Lafayette on Haussmann blvd. Both are huge department stores which carry higher-end brands. Both also market aggressively to the tourists, including offering a 10% discount card....
Quote: Assuming the sleeve buttons aren't functional, any good tailor can simply hack off the offending region and restitch the buttons on. What if the buttons ARE functional? I've recently purchased a Zegna NC suit from the outlet store of a high-end retailer. The sleeves were already finished with functional buttons (don't ask me why). They are a couple inches too long, and the ideal length would fall between the distal 3rd and 4th buttons. I don't...
FCS, Yep, I'm in TO. I'm not really looking for shirts since I have too many already. I'm looking for a new suit, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford the likes of Darren Beamon. There are plenty of good tailors around TO as you mentioned, but none in my price range. I'd appreciate it if you could send me the contact info on the Maxwell rep. Have you met him? Does he have sample suits and all the fabric swatches? What do you (and others) think of the quality of the...
Hello all, Maxwell's clothiers from Hong Kong (www.maxwellsclothiers.com) is bringing one of their travelling MTM mail-order shows to my city in the near future. I haven't tried them before, but seeing as I need a new suit or two I was going to give them a try. Anybody with experience with them? I'm especially interested in the level of quality and the prices. Thanks.